Philips Launches CushionSpeaker for Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsy2006

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Now if they could only pack in a fan to help the heat dissipation from underneath the laptop this product would be genius. I would definately use it with or without the fan but I think a fan or two would be helpful!

G

Seems like a stupid invention to me...
Not really something I'd buy any time soon. A good product for those commercial channels on TV.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
So wait, they're supplementing a notebook's already terrible sound system with one that's probably marginally less terrible?

Brooks G

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]td854[/nom]So wait, they're supplementing a notebook's already terrible sound system with one that's probably marginally less terrible?[/citation]

yeah sounds about right, I've used laptops before and have had no problem with using it and my lap, so I don't really think we need an invention for this at all, just my opinion that's all :)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Lappy goes on my legs, and I generally prefer to use headphones so other people don't hear what I'm listening too...
Use of these? Vanity trash.

G

Come on guys, it’s just a laptop cushion! And its design sucks! It looks so 1999! Okay, okay, maybe you’ll use it, find it cool to watch movies while lying in your bed, but it will eventually end-up in your closet or on eBay in even less time than it took you to make up your mind and purchase it.

To my opinion, I think that a laptop cushion per se should be easily transportable; most of the time I’m sitting in a place where there are no tables is anywhere but at home! So what’s the point here? I think that Philips really do innovative stuff. But this laptop cushion speaker seems more like a distress call saying “hey, we’re lacking innovative ideas at the moment”. I believe that it’s better not to release a crappy product than to do so to give your customers the feeling that you’re always at the forefront of innovation!

Personnaly for that price ($100 USD!) I’d expect to get an inflatable laptop cushion I could also use as a laptop case so I could take it anywhere (with or without the speakers)! Unfortunately most designs I’ve seen are only prototypes.

So R&D, why don’t you get to work!

And if you manage to include a built-in lap massaging engine, I’m telling you: you just won a new customer!

In the meantime, I’m going to IKEA to get my own $15 BRÄDA laptop cushion with its handle and mobile phone pocket on the side…

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I use something similar to this but without the speakers, and with far less padding, mainly to ensure the fans on the bottom of my laptop aren't blocked when it's sitting on my bed, lap, chair arm, etc.

G

They sell the same thing at Staples, but without the speaker, for $30!

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Not something someone will buy for themselves, but it makes a really nice gift! I'd gladly buy one for my GF if she would want to use hers somewhere else than her desk!

Status
Not open for further replies.