[SOLVED] Philips SHP9500 vs a gaming headset for gaming?

moking01

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
I have a budget of about $100 and i have a cloud stinger but looking for an upgrade.

Should i get the SHP9500 + Vmoda boom pro mic or get something like a Cloud 2 or G635?

Any alternatives/recommendations for other pairs than the SHP9500?

I dont care for wireless
I dont care for 7.1 surround

Sound quality and gaming performance is my top priority

Solution
D
While the SHP9500s are very good for their price range they don't have a great soundstage making them probably not as good as specific 'gaming' headsets in the same price range. If gaming is your only focus them I'd get something else. If music is your primary focus then they wouldn't be a bad choice.

If you can up your budget to $150 the Sennheiser HD599 is amazing for both.
D

Deleted member 217926

While the SHP9500s are very good for their price range they don't have a great soundstage making them probably not as good as specific 'gaming' headsets in the same price range. If gaming is your only focus them I'd get something else. If music is your primary focus then they wouldn't be a bad choice.

Solution

moking01

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014

Welp, the HD599 is waaaay beyond my budget.
My main focus is gaming and my secondary is music.

My budget allows me to get a Cloud II, Logitech G635, A good deal Arctis 7 2019 Edition.

Am i better off the SHP9500 or any of these gaming headsets ?

D

Deleted member 217926

I really don't have any experience with any of the 'gaming' headsets so I can't tell you which one is best. I know the Arctis gets pretty good reviews but I wouldn't be able to compare it to any of the others.

Like I said if you were looking for music first and gaming second I'd recommend the 9500s but for gaming first one of the others are probably going to fit your needs better.