Philips Smart Contrast?

CAaronD

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
How would I install the Philips Smart Contrast?? My manual does not say anything on how to install it. Also, I've accidently set the Philips CD manual to open with notepad, and I can't change it back. How do I change this? Does Smart Contrast really help at all?

Solution
Smart Contrast is a form of Dynamic Contrast.

The idea is to turn down the backlight on a TV/Monitor when the image is dark and turn it up for brighter images. This can help for some users to get darker dark scenes, but it kind of gets lost when you have a scene with both. It may also make game interfaces look dark in darker scenes since it dims the full backlight on most screens.

Many feel this dynamic contrast was just make to inflate numbers since you can take a screen with an 800:1 contrast ratio and claim 20 million : 1 with dynamic contrast.

I personally do NOT use it and mine is only to go from 1000:1 to 1500:1.

This image gives you an idea of what I am talking about with Dynamic contrast and the fact that it can alter...
Smart Contrast is a form of Dynamic Contrast.

The idea is to turn down the backlight on a TV/Monitor when the image is dark and turn it up for brighter images. This can help for some users to get darker dark scenes, but it kind of gets lost when you have a scene with both. It may also make game interfaces look dark in darker scenes since it dims the full backlight on most screens.

Many feel this dynamic contrast was just make to inflate numbers since you can take a screen with an 800:1 contrast ratio and claim 20 million : 1 with dynamic contrast.

I personally do NOT use it and mine is only to go from 1000:1 to 1500:1.

This image gives you an idea of what I am talking about with Dynamic contrast and the fact that it can alter the brighter parts of a mostly dark image.
2rnxaip.jpg

Now for the manual, Right click it's file icon in Windows Explorer and select Open with to restore Adobe Reader as the program of choice. This is slightly different with different versions of Windows, but it is always in the right click context menu(sometimes holding shift while right clicking may be needed).

Selecting a default program will ensure all files of that type open with the right software in the future.
deuurq.jpg

Reactions: ShlomoCode
Solution