News Phishing for Crypto: Half a Million Dollars Stolen Via Google Ads Exploit

Of course, Google prominently featuring ads as if they were top search results doesn't help. If they are going to make ads look similar to results, you would think they would at least do some amount of manual verification that the company paying for the ad is legit before featuring an ad for them at the top of the page. I guess that's what gets the clicks to maximize ad revenue though.

Reactions: thisisaname

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Of course, Google prominently featuring ads as if they were top search results doesn't help. If they are going to make ads look similar to results, you would think they would at least do some amount of manual verification that the company paying for the ad is legit before featuring an ad for them at the top of the page. I guess that's what gets the clicks to maximize ad revenue though.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

The ones that I can't tolerate are the free driver websites. Like, yes, they are free, what are you here for? Full of clickbait download links and malware. Google should nuke those from orbit, and yet, they have been there for over ten years.

Reactions: Kridian

InvalidError

Titan
Yes you might hit jackpot with crypto but can you actually cashout immideately?
If you happen to be parking your crypto in an exchange's wallet, yes.

If you stole crypto from people, that crypto would be in anonymous wallets that you need to launder somehow so the stolen crypto doesn't get immediately linked to you when you transfer it to a crypto exchange to cash out.