Phone and Modem problems

c6burns

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hello all,

I just did a fresh install of a workstation in my office, but there's a catch :)

The user is always adding contacts into Outlook (we use office 2k2). Whenever they add a phone number into the contact, the phone and modem screen pops up . . . due to the fact that they have not set their local area code and so on. There isn't even a modem in the computer, first of all.

Anyway, the real catch is that when you manually go into Control Panel --> Phone and Modem Options, and enter in all the appropriate data, it will not save any new locations. Since it will not save new locations and there are currently no locations defined, there is an endless loop in Outlook (which requires a location and opens up the Phone and Modem wizard which will not save locations).

Can anyone give me some hints here? How can I get around this? Either disabling outlook's need for phone and modem locations or getting it to actually save a location.

Thanks all!

Chris Burns

c6burns

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
I'm sorry . . . that's the worst answer I've ever heard. I can't beleive you bothered to post it.

I solved the problem a while ago. Even though the user had administrative rights, I had to set the local dialing location as the administrator.

Have a good one . . .