[SOLVED] Phone internet speed much faster than PC

Dec 25, 2019
Despite my PC being wired via a powerline adapter, I'm getting 10 ms ping 73.15 down and 10.04 Up. However, my phone on wifi is getting 8ms ping 116 down and 9.89 up. I have a TL-PA4010 KIT powerline adapter and in the software, it says that I'm getting 300mbps. So what is the reason for this disparity and can it be fixed?

Ryan.

Solution
Purely luck in how your house is built is most of the answer.

Those powerline units are likely older models. Tplink for some reason renamed them av600 even though I think they are the same as the older av500 models. I think they did this to cause confusion with the newer AV2-600 devices.

First you will never get more than 100mbps on those powerline units. They only have 100mbps ethernet ports. Sorta of a admission the 500/600 number is a massive lie.

They make newer devices that will run faster. AV2 models tend to run better so a av2-600 will be a bit faster. AV2-1200 is pretty much the fastest you will find. The 1000 and 2000 models from what I can tell are not different technology just different names. Even...
Purely luck in how your house is built is most of the answer.

Those powerline units are likely older models. Tplink for some reason renamed them av600 even though I think they are the same as the older av500 models. I think they did this to cause confusion with the newer AV2-600 devices.

First you will never get more than 100mbps on those powerline units. They only have 100mbps ethernet ports. Sorta of a admission the 500/600 number is a massive lie.

They make newer devices that will run faster. AV2 models tend to run better so a av2-600 will be a bit faster. AV2-1200 is pretty much the fastest you will find. The 1000 and 2000 models from what I can tell are not different technology just different names. Even these numbers are not realistic you might get 300mbps on them.

It really depends on what your main use of the machine is. Speed only really matters for download of large files. Things like video streaming and web surfing come nowhere close to using all the "slow" powerline speeds you get. Online games use almost no bandwidth but require consistent delays. Powerline will outperform wifi for most online games because of all the random latency spikes in wifi.

Solution