Phone not working with modem

I am able to connect to the internet through my dial-up connection, but
after I have logged off the net my phone will not work(no dial tone)untill I
unplug from the modem. All help welcomed.

woody

First make sure you have the correct modem drivers installed. If so the
modem is defective and needs replaced.

"Texasbuddie" <Texasbuddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am able to connect to the internet through my dial-up connection, but
> after I have logged off the net my phone will not work(no dial tone)untill
> unplug from the modem. All help welcomed.

Internet connection page/ show connection icon. Then right
click and disconnect. You only have one dial-up connection
from the phone company.

some support

wrote in message
| > I am able to connect to the internet through my dial-up
connection, but
| > after I have logged off the net my phone will not
work(no dial tone)untill
| > unplug from the modem. All help welcomed.

That was what I was afraid of . Thanks