[SOLVED] Phone powering off automatically when I unplug it from output.

Oct 31, 2019
Hello,
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Today, my phone just went to power off. I tried restarting it but it still keeps auto shutting down. Basically I came up with this: When my phone is pluged in and there's power, I can use it. If my phone isn't plug in and no power, it shuts automatically.
The thing that surprised me is that it is out of a sudden. My timezone, afternon it's still working, and in the evening it's spoilt.
Alr tried pressing the back of my phone, didn't work.

Any ideas on how to fix? Is it a must to change my battery as this will be my last resort (I don't want to)?

Solution
What is the exact cause that led to this? Is it overcharging or long-time battery (tbh my phone is about 4 yrs old)?

It could be a number of things from the battery to damage to the circuitry inside the phone itself. You're not going to find out an exact cause.

Assuming there's nothing weird going on with the charging cable, it's either a problem with the battery, which can be remedied with a new battery or something wrong with the phone, which almost certainly can't be remedied.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What is the exact cause that led to this? Is it overcharging or long-time battery (tbh my phone is about 4 yrs old)?

It could be a number of things from the battery to damage to the circuitry inside the phone itself. You're not going to find out an exact cause.

Assuming there's nothing weird going on with the charging cable, it's either a problem with the battery, which can be remedied with a new battery or something wrong with the phone, which almost certainly can't be remedied.

Solution
Oct 31, 2019

Shouldn't be the wire as I tried multiple. But the thing is that when I tried squeezing the phone, it allows the phone to last longer before shutting off. So is it lose battery?