[SOLVED] Phone recommendation for MOM

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
don't bump, stick with 1 thread
Which phone should my Mom get?

She is coming from an S6 Edge (think that's it)

She is thinking of an S10 Galaxy -- (but I think I remember hearing that there was some problems with it or something of that nature)

Not sure if this matters, but shese on Verizon, if it does matter, can someone inform me as to how so?

She likes ample battery power

Not sure about 5G

Is there a phone that's performance increase justifies extra expenditure?

Such has how the Moto G5 plus was a budget phone thats added performance was worth the little in extra cash to justify it? (Having a hard time phrasing it)

Solution
Mom's going to go with verizon

You don't need to keep adding single lines to the post that don't actually help with the question, just edit an existing post.

If you head to a Verizon store or a re-seller you can often find phone deals that will just add some extra cost to the plan a month for a few years to pay off the phone, and a lot of times a model a year or two old can be had for cheap. I added a $600 Moto Z4 phone to my Verizon plan for $12 a month for 2 years, that is well worth the payment for a flagship phone from a decent maker. You can get that same phone for under $11 a month for 24 months (I checked BestBuy pricing which is where I went), Pxel 3s ia also a good pick, almost the same price, S10 is a bit over $25...

COLGeek

Cybernaut

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Open box and refurbished phones are usually good to go. You can often achieve significant savings there.

If for your mom, you should consider getting the phone via Verizon in the event she needs customer service with them. It may be easier for her by doing so. There is also warranty and device support considerations here.

Mom's going to go with verizon

You don't need to keep adding single lines to the post that don't actually help with the question, just edit an existing post.

If you head to a Verizon store or a re-seller you can often find phone deals that will just add some extra cost to the plan a month for a few years to pay off the phone, and a lot of times a model a year or two old can be had for cheap. I added a $600 Moto Z4 phone to my Verizon plan for $12 a month for 2 years, that is well worth the payment for a flagship phone from a decent maker. You can get that same phone for under $11 a month for 24 months (I checked BestBuy pricing which is where I went), Pxel 3s ia also a good pick, almost the same price, S10 is a bit over $25 a month for 24 months on that plan. Z4 is nice, but it's wider than the Samsung S models so may not be as easy to hold and use. The Moto G7 Power is an extra $5 a month, that is pretty much free but it's not really better than the G6 you already have.

Or if you want to deal with used or ebay stuff, any Verizon phone will work, although you are trusting the seller with the fact the phone is in good shape, not stolen and is not from a blocked account.

Solution