Phone Screen Gone Wrong

davorvidojkovic

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Apologies if this isn't in the correct section of this forum, I couldn't really find the topic.

My phone fell from an approx. 10cm, with a little bit of acceleration and it slapped on my bathroom tiles. I pick it up and I exhale in relief, after a few minutes I notice a small blurred spot in the left top corner of my phone. I restarted my phone and soon after I saw a line across my screen with a blue color. I took out the battery and put it back in(powered it off first I think)I turn it on and the same line is there. After some time I restarted it again, however, now there's a dark purplish circle in the middle, spread to the left of the screen and I can barely use my phone now. Can I anyhow solve this myself or is taking it to a shop where they can fix it for me the only option? My parents might get mad, but if I can solve it myself I'd stick to that rather than paying to get it fixed. My parents aren't the richest people and they're quite cheap.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3 2016. All help is appreciated!

davorvidojkovic

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018

Any idea how much a screen replacement would cost?

Endre555

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016

Ehh, from 60-70 to 250 USD depending on where you get it repaired. It is possible that you're better off buying a new phone if they say it's like 150-200 dollars.