Question Phone uses 3.3 from 6gb ram on idle

Ray Ali

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Hello guys,

So i bought myself a new phone and its the galaxy a70, pretty phone and a beast in performace and i have no complains except for the fingerprint being slow.
What i noticed is my phone is using 3.3gb ram idle and the avilable ram is 2.7gb only!
Anyone can help me explaining why is that??

Thank you all
Rio Ali Huwaidi

Yeah, that's pretty standard of most mid to high end smartphones. They will use over half their ram allocation at idle. Nothing to be worried about. As you open more apps or have them running in the backround, the ram usage will increase, and sometimes get close to max usage/availability. Android is partciularly good at managing mem usage though, so let it do it's thing. You will be fine.

You can use something like cccleaner or other apps to manage mem usage, but they often have adverts and can have intrusive pop-ups. 2.7gb of available ram is plenty for most apps and games running in the backround. 6gb is plenty overall for that level phone.

Reactions: Ray Ali

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Even if you have little to no apps installed, there will still be around 2 GB of memory used depending on the Operating System.

In microsoft windows also, 1.5 GB RAM is taken up as soon as you turn on your PC.

Some apps will tell you to clean it and make the phone faster but that actually slows down the phone. Never do that. You can manually close the apps that you don't want running in the background, but never close frequently used apps.

Reactions: Ray Ali

Ray Ali

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Yeah, that's pretty standard of most mid to high end smartphones. They will use over half their ram allocation at idle. Nothing to be worried about. As you open more apps or have them running in the backround, the ram usage will increase, and sometimes get close to max usage/availability. Android is partciularly good at managing mem usage though, so let it do it's thing. You will be fine.

You can use something like cccleaner or other apps to manage mem usage, but they often have adverts and can have intrusive pop-ups. 2.7gb of available ram is plenty for most apps and games running in the backround. 6gb is plenty overall for that level phone.
Thanks for your reply fam ,
Ya i use device care thats already pre installed in samsung galaxy and its doing a great job without worrying about ads.

Rio Ali Huwaidi

Ray Ali

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Even if you have little to no apps installed, there will still be around 2 GB of memory used depending on the Operating System.

In microsoft windows also, 1.5 GB RAM is taken up as soon as you turn on your PC.

Some apps will tell you to clean it and make the phone faster but that actually slows down the phone. Never do that. You can manually close the apps that you don't want running in the background, but never close frequently used apps.
No i just use optimize option in device care and close opened apps from the app manager.
Thank you for your reply fam.

Rio Ali Huwaidi