[SOLVED] Phone with a decent camera

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
With Windows Mobile losing support at the end of the year I probably should upgrade my Lumia 950XL sometime. I am a little spoiled with good cameras and would like my next phone to have a good camera too. I am wondering if I should invest in a Nokia PureView 9 or wait it out until 5G starts rolling out en masse?

Solution
I think you should just wait for 5G to be launched massively. This is because according to some camera reviews on the Nokia 9 PureView sometimes the photos are so clear but in low light conditions it is not very good.
According to the Android Authority that has reviewed it, the application is not smoothly used. Software updates may be needed for that.
Mar 19, 2019
I think you should just wait for 5G to be launched massively. This is because according to some camera reviews on the Nokia 9 PureView sometimes the photos are so clear but in low light conditions it is not very good.
According to the Android Authority that has reviewed it, the application is not smoothly used. Software updates may be needed for that.

Solution
"The best camera phone in 2019: ultimate smartphone cameras on test
Google Pixel 3. Not just the best Android camera but the best camera phone. ...
Huawei P20 Pro. Three cameras have helped earn this camera phone the top spot. ...
Huawei Mate 20 Pro. ...
Honor View 20. ...
iPhone XS. ...
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. ...
OnePlus 6T. ...
Moto G6 Plus."

"The best camera phone in 2019: ultimate smartphone cameras on test
Google Pixel 3. Not just the best Android camera but the best camera phone. ...
Huawei P20 Pro. Three cameras have helped earn this camera phone the top spot. ...
Huawei Mate 20 Pro. ...
Honor View 20. ...
iPhone XS. ...
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. ...
OnePlus 6T. ...
Moto G6 Plus."
“Reliable”

You can take a still with any phone and it look fine. Then try taking a photo of a moving subject and a lot will crumble. I know for a fact the OnePlus has an awful camera compared to what google and co offer. Then if you move to shooting video the iPhone wrecks house.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
The hardware is more important to me than the software. Shots with the Pixel 3 and iPhone always look over processed as they are making up for their smaller sensor. If it's a software fix, then there are ways to overcome that. If it's a hardware fix, then there aren't.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
Now that time has come. Windows Mobile end of life is in 2 months... And Nokia released a phone that made me drool.
Just ordered a Nokia 7.2 in Green. On the way when supply is in stock. After all the news on 5G, I don't think it will be necessary for a couple years. The 48 MP camera and camera bump sold me. You can always use software later, but you can't software away hardware limitations.

48MP is going to be mostly wasted on a device like that.
A higher MP count really dosent matter past a certain point unless you are doing massive (think banner/billboard) sized prints.
If anything, you will lose an exceptional amount of low light capabilities with that high of a MP count.