Question Phone's hotspot/tethering doesnt work for pc

Sep 12, 2019
My phone is a galaxy j3 orbit (Android) and I'm using a ST card with unlimeted data. I was using USB tethering for my pc and it was working fine yesterday but today I restarted my phone and my tethering and mobile hotspot doesnt work for my pc anymore.

My pc can connect to the phone and shows that's its connected (it doesnt show the yellow sign to display that there no internet) but when I try to open anything that would need internet, it just doesnt work. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 12, 2019
I'm sorry but these options arent available, I couldn't find samsung kies nor was there an option in the control panel labels as "connection"
you can still try this.
Make sure that your device has a program that provides synchronization with a PC (recommended brand Samsung Kies).
deactivate the option “USB-drive” on the smartphone
connect it to PC using a USB cable
if necessary, install the required drivers
after establishing a connection, go to the smartphone menu: “Settings - Wireless Networks - Modem and Access Point”. Check “USB Modem” and Mobile AP
on your PC, go to the network settings (“Start - Control Panel - Connection - Display all connections”)
in the menu item “Local Area Connection” find the connection that is called the same as your phone

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS