Photo 750 on XP

I used to have Win98SE installed and when I printed a document a
window would pop up showing how far the printing had proceeded and
most importantly, how much ink was left. I could also check this
manual through the Epson Monitor software or when I chose Print I
could check the levels before actually printing.
Now I have XP and I have also noticed that I do not have access to the
paper choices that I used to have. E.g. I used to be able to pick
different resolutions (720 and 1440 dpi), different settings etc. Now
all it says is Normal Paper and Photo Quality Ink Jet.
Are there any updated drivers and software for XP? How do I get back
the ink info window? Resolutions?
And finally, how do I change an ink cartridge before its time?
Thanks very much.

I suspect you loaded the "in box" drivers that Win XP provides.
Instead, load the drivers from the Epson website for the 750 for WIN
2000, and the standard Epson interface should work and return. You will
need both the Printer Driver v5.0BE, and Status Monitor 2 vD2BE.

I found them on the US Epson support site, but they may be elsewhere as
well.

Art