photo clarity and crispness EOS Ti5

Status
Not open for further replies.

janecaruso

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
I have a new Canon EOS Ti5. I used it at a wedding and got GREAT shots when the subjects were close up. When I took wedding party pictures or pictures where the subjects were further away, I lost crispness and clarity. I could NEVER blow any of these up even to a 5X7….they would look indistinct. SO disappointed! I had the image stabilizer on, and the camera set to auto focus. It was set on the “green A” for all pictures. What am I doing wrong with the group shots or scenic shots that are further away? Any guidance would be so very much appreciated. I thought with autofocus and all these pixels I would be able to make even posters!

I agree that learning how to use the camera in manual mode is critical for good shots. I have a T4i and have no complaints about the clarity of the pictures. The autofocus appears to have focused on the nearest subject(s) and not those in the background. Manual focus will definitely help with that problem. A shallow depth of field will make close objects appear in focus while blurring those in the background. The lens used plays a critical role as well.

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

It is important to note that in low light your camera will not be able to have everything in focus unless what you are shooting is not moving, and you have a tripod, and set the camera to a small aperture to ensure that everything CAN be in focus. Or, as has been stated, learning to use the camera correctly.

Or play with those AF points! BTW your center point is extra sensitive if you are using an F2.8 or faster lens. That's best for sports tracking and helps a little in low light. You might also want to pick up a flash that has an af assist beam.

Magic Lantern, Live View, and Focus Peaking. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.