Photos and videos not displaying in IE or Firefox using Windows 8.1

Betsy56

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hello. After installing a MS 8.1 update (which then could not be uninstalled), photos and videos stopped displaying properly in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on my HP 15 laptop. (That update, by the way, is no longer on board after I used System Restore). I have tried using System Restore, refreshing the system, and uninstalling and then reinstalling Firefox, but so far only partial photo restoration shows up in Internet Explorer, while no visual content can be seen in Firefox. I seem to remember that using Enhanced Protected Mode (which is enabled on my system right now) can cause this problem, or that blocking popups can eliminate visuals -- but I'm unsure what to do next. Suggestions to resolve this problem are very welcome; not having photos or videos is frustrating! Thanks.

Betsy56

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi, again. I found a simple fix for the browser display problems I was experiencing in Windows 8.1 -- I uninstalled the Adobe Shockwave Player program, and then reinstalled a clean, new copy of it. There are now no display problems in either IE 11 or in Firefox 40. Thanks for letting me post my question.