Photos are not loading from the main sit tomshardware.com. this is the only site I am having this issue with. 10+ years reading this site. Last 6 wks

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
tomshardware.com is not loading images for me. it started about 6-8 weeks ago. My system is windows 10, Chrome browser. My system has not been upgraded or changed in the last 3 years other than program updates including the OS. I am not having issues with any other site. I checked settings in the browser and did not find anything wrong.

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I am not using add blocker. It works in Microsoft Edge. The issue is with chrome and this site only for me. Flash is in the off in settings. I tried turning Flash on, no change. I tied turning images on and off and on again in settings. This turms all images off and on again for all site but tomshardware.com

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
tomshardware.com is not loading images for me. it started about 6-8 weeks ago. My system is windows 10, Chrome browser. My system has not been upgraded or changed in the last 3 years other than program updates including the OS. I am not having issues with any other site. I checked settings in the browser and did not find anything wrong.

Had this happen to other sites a couple of times. Deleting cookies and temp files usually fixed it for me.

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I have , removed/deleted the cookies, temp files and history, for both the computer and browser. I have removed Chrome and re-installed it. still have the same issue. I have been using Chrome for years without issues although some sites are setup to work with Microsoft's browser. But I have not had this issue with tomshardware.com.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
I have , removed/deleted the cookies, temp files and history, for both the computer and browser. I have removed Chrome and re-installed it. still have the same issue. I have been using Chrome for years without issues although some sites are setup to work with Microsoft's browser. But I have not had this issue with tomshardware.com.

Very odd. I'll follow up on this internally, but are you able to post a screenshot of what you see for us here? I'm using Chrome myself and images show up fine, so just trying to figure out what we're up against since the dev team will need as much info as possible to pinpoint any potential issues.

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
View: https://imgur.com/70obJST

70obJST.jpg
wLSDN6B.jpg

This is how I see this website...

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
As this is the only website images are not loading, I am looking for something/setting that applies to this site only. So far I have not found anything... this is odd how it starts in what appears for no reason...

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I found the issue, sort of.. I turn off Avast anti virus and the images load fine. Now I will be looking through Avast to see if there is a setting causing this...

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I can not find any reason this is happening for this site. Unless something is triggering this as an auto response on this site. would Abobe Flash trigger this? still looking for a solution...

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I was trying this but it wants a Microsoft email account to sign in with, nothing else. I have no accounts with Microsoft, nor am I interested in one. Is there another way. in windows 7 I could create a local account quite easy.

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
I found out how to log-in as another user.. downloaded chrome, and went to tomshardware.com and all images showed. then I turned on avast in the browser extensions and it still all worked
Now log-out and login as myself again and go to tomshardware.com and no images. But if I turn off Avast in Extensions the images load fine. Now I am more confused. as I have uninstalled and re-installed Chrome 2 times now and the same thing.
Now I am left with:
Log-on as myself "images to don't load until Avast is turned off.
Log-on as Test Images load with Avast on or off.
I am not changing any settings in avast.
Strange

amclaren4

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
Solved
I have now fund the cause
In Avast an Extention in Google Chrome there are settings after clicking on Details.
Site Access has 3 choices
"
Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:

On click

On specific sites

On all sites"

This was set to "On all sites" on my log-on and set to "On cick" om my Test Log-on.

How this ever got changed, I have no idea.

COLGeek setting up a diferent log-in helped me check settings and compare them. Thank you...

Thank you all who have helped

Reactions: Rogue Leader

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Solved
I have now fund the cause
In Avast an Extention in Google Chrome there are settings after clicking on Details.
Site Access has 3 choices
"
Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:

On click

On specific sites

On all sites"

This was set to "On all sites" on my log-on and set to "On cick" om my Test Log-on.

How this ever got changed, I have no idea.

COLGeek setting up a diferent log-in helped me check settings and compare them. Thank you...

Thank you all who have helped
Glad you sorted it out.

Reactions: amclaren4