Photoshop 6.01 results at Anandtech

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

>my point is that your a moron who automatically believes
>everything he reads.

And yet you believe the rest of the photoshop numbers from a setup that failed part of the benchmark. Actually, to some small degree I question all of Anandtech's dual PIII results because of this. Maybe they had a buggy board or something. But to trust the partial results of a failed benchmark is crazy.

>One of the first you learn as an engineer is to test
>things...never assume.

Another thing you learn is not to get emotionally attached to your hypothesis. Makes it easier to look at it objectively. I don't think you have that detachment.

So, why do you continue to ignore the render benchmarks, despite claiming in other threads that dual PII vs. single TBird was no contest?

I'm really suprised actually, an engineer & hardcore 3d guy like you should be jumping up and down over these 760MP results.

<i>Cognite Tute</i>
(Think for Yourself)

G

"And yet you believe the rest of the photoshop numbers from a setup that failed part of the benchmark"....hang on bozo I haven't tested all of them yet...

"Maybe they had a buggy board or something"....even someone as stupid as you should have stopped and questioned things right there. That Polar coordinates test is no biggy...he should have sorted it out....but no he went on his biased way.."got to get rid of them friggin athlons!!" ...he probably thought.

"Makes it easier to look at it objectively"...objectively?...and Amd fanatic like you should be banned from using that word.

"I'm really suprised actually, an engineer & hardcore 3d guy like you should be jumping up and down over these 760MP results."...my feet are firmly placed on the ground for now.

"Cock-a-doodle-do" is what I say to my girl when I wake her UP in the morning!!

G

>and Amd fanatic like you should be banned from using that word.

I am not an AMD fanatic. I just call BS where I see it. I've called BS on some AMD stuff also. If Intel has the better solution when I'm ready to make a purchase, that's what it will be.

In fact, right now I'm working on yet another reccomendation for the cluster we're going to build (eventually). PIII & P4 are represented fairly.

In fact, because we are space constrained (really don't want to go beyond 1 rack) as well as $ constrained, the dual PIII looks relatively good. At least until the dual athlon solutions come down in price, and have some more time behind them.

<i>Cognite Tute</i>
(Think for Yourself)

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"The 933 are on par with the Athlon 1.2's...strange isn't it?....hehehe.."

Yeah thats quite funny.. even more funny is how the single/dual duron 850's beat the single/dual p933's respectively in 3d Studio Max. .... Strange isn't it?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
But it still doesn't explain why there is no comment on why there is this mysterious fail in that test. Every time the Xeon pulls ahead or the Duron performs well or poorly in a benchmark he has some comment on it. In this test the dual PIII is the leader. But he does not even offer a blurb on why it wasnt included in his final score. Just a mysterious failure. However it's good to see AMD getting in on the Duallie market with such a kick ass product. But I think that article may be a bit on the biased side.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

Makaveli

Splendid
lol everypost u've made is about the God damn Northwood. I didn't compare the current P4 to it. The Current P4 is POS!
lol I hope Northwood is gonna be as good as promised cause I heard the same [-peep-] when Current P4 first hit the street!
I can't comment on Northwood cause it's not out yet, But u keep talking about it like it's the [-peep-]. I'm getting sick of hearing about [-peep-] Northwood. U got anything else to say?

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree.. Anandtech should have included an explanation of everything he did to try to make it work. But the P3 was not the main point of the article and I did not pay much attention to the P3's failure on that filter anyways because the article was more for comparing the dual AthlonMP to dual Xeons.

Tonestar decided to point out that the P933 beat the Athlon 1.2 on a Photoshop filter. So it was only fair that I pointed out the Duron 850 beating the P933 in 3d Studio Max =) These are both odd occurances so I do not see the point in arguing over them.

My question now is do Intel supporters now think that a dual P3 setup is better an a dual Xeon? It would seem that way from the comments I have seen so far.

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is also funny how we have not heard from the majority of Intel supporters yet on this topic. We now have Amd's top end beating Intel's top end at an Intel P4 optimized app. What is your reponse to this Fugger and meltdown?

Let me guess, Photoshop isn't optimized enough yet right? Concessions anyone?

G

I would just like to see one other dual P3 owner test this for themselves. The P3 is an older core and it was nice to see it hold its own(probably influenced by the fact that I own one), but I still believe when you combine most of the factors that go into buying a work machine ie. reliability/compatibilty/performance/cost....the P3 has to be considered...even today.

"no kelder....you can't shoot goblins in wordpad"

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don't think that I don't agree with you because I do. The P3 is a very good option for smp. I was simply stating the anandtech article was not meant to focus on the P3.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
huh? my response? well with all the AMD puppies carrying on about something that they will never ever have all the barking is quite deafening in here and I really did'nt want to break up your party, so, I'll let you guys sniff your butts and poop all over yourselves.

oh, btw Intel owns a piece of joo.
all your chips belong to Intel.

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

bhc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I agree. Actually I would like to see a kick-a$$ Northwood since it will spurt more competition. However, the last few years Intel spin doctors lost a lot of credibility. They claimed PIII/i820/RDRAM would be a natural fit. Well, it got beat by PIII/i815 (a low-end chipset)/SDRAM. They claimed P4 would be a hands-down winner. Well, we all know the story. Therefore, I'll believe it when I see it.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**

G

ER, Tonedeaf uses the word "mechanical" where he should use "janitorial." A simple mistake on his part.
Anim88tor

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
lmao... You guys are funny, insulting each other personally over little pieces of silicon...

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

G

Where were you when ncogneto was asking about establishing a render farm? You quite conveniently disappeared then hey? Now your here dumping sh%t. You better change your login before you get ridiculed again.

G

Tonedeaf, you obviously think that you have credibility here. Like I said before, go out and buy a clue. With your self-proclaimed mechanical engineer's salary, you could probably afford to buy alot of clues. Hmmm... why are you so clueless?

It's kind of sad that you believe that profanity somehow makes your points come across with more believability. Personally, I would expect that a degreed engineer would show a modicum of professionalism in his posts...

G

Agreed, a little more diplomacy and tolerance would be better recieved in the forum. Unfortunetly when you attempt to explain a simple concept or situation half a dozen times(eg. kelder), at half a dozen different posts (eg. kelder), you get a little weary of that strategy. You see kelder comes here and professes to understand 3D hardware. Yet when ncogneto required answers to establishing his render farm kelder conveniently disapeared from a post he had religiously visited every few hours.

No where in this entire forum does kelder divulge his profession, or his professional perspective with regard to 3D software, why, because he doesn't know how to use any. So therefore he infact doesn't have a professional opinion. When faced with a stack of technical evidence posted against him he conveniently disappears. I infact I am still waiting for an answer to a question a had earlier in another post which was:

Why kelder do you, YOU SPECIFICALY need an ultra fast cpu, hard drive etc?

....he has not replied because he knows in fact he does not require one because he does nothing that warants such a machine. He cannot speak about issues like driver stability and aftermarket resolution support because these are issues to people who use high end software day in and day out who are expected to deliver something in their work enviroment. They are not issues to people who surf the net and create a sphere in a 3D program and claim to have talent.
So basically in an attempt to halt the avalanche of stupidity in order to save the valuable members in the forum you bring out your last mechanism of defence...abuse.

If you have had the misfortune of coming across kelders trail of vomit too many times it becomes an easy option. The best I can hope for is that I may have saved some people from listening to kelder and wasting their money.

I tried diplomacy in the my first year out of school...it didn't work...now my attitude is...if you can't do the job resign or I will terminate your employment. The CEO has been rather attentive the last couple of years, we will post our highest ever turnover and net profit this financial year (and we got rid of the entire marketing department the year before bar one)....and every time he pats me on the back I know my little battles are worth it.

G

Thats quite a fantasy life you have there Tonedeaf. I bid you and your diatribes goodbye.

G

Ummm....ye....well thought out response....