Photoshop Benchmark at X-bit lab

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
http://www.xbitlabs.com/cpu/photoshop-platform/

T-bird seen too have reach is limit in most of the benchmark.Pal will surly do better with SSE.
P4 in the others hand seen do increase very fast the P1.8 surly is the fastest in photoshop.
Fpu is suppost to be very strong in t-bird most of the part that haxve FPU come in play he lose to P4.
The conclusion of X-bit is lab totaly for AMD.P4 have win more that 51% of the benchmark.Strange he denied his own benchamrk or he found that the part that AMD win was more important for him, there more that 1 typical useur in photoshop he can use Convert to Other Color Systems and others not.So i am again the conclusion for his ethic in work.I use a gpu that dont know how is work on P4 maybe a geforce 3 (i dont like Nvisia but) are better for this test with equal driver 12.xxx and we know pretty well Geforce3.

P4 1.8 will surly get near 75% of the benchmark until Pal is out.

pal = palamino

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the only reason AMD won ANY benchmarks against a P4 in ps is because they used a tiny file(600x600)

the best platform for image editing is the P4 w/rdram.

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

dhlucke

Polypheme
Hey, that's interesting. Where did you read that? Is there benchmarks based on all different file sizes/resolutions/formats that you can link to?

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Oh, you obviously didn't read this article. You're full of sh.it... You can't keep saying that everything is unfair. Look at the benchmarks.

As we can see from the benchmarks results, AMD based platforms are undoubtedly preferable for work in Photoshop application. In some filters Pentium 4 managed to beat Athlon, however, in most cases the situation is still not in its favor. Moreover, in most frequently used filters, such as "Convert to Other Color Systems" and "Rotate Canvas", Athlon based systems are simply unreachable. Also we found out that the memory bus bandwidth is not a serious bottleneck for Photoshop since the results shown by the Athlon 1.33GHz based system with SDR and DDR memory hardly ever differed by something over 3-5%. It seems to be one of the reasons why Pentium 4 turns out so slow here. As you remember, in another professional graphics application, 3ds max, Pentium 4 based platform with its huge memory bus bandwidth was far ahead of all the other testing participants during viewports rendering (see our article called Choosing Optimal Platform Configuration for 3D Studio MAX). This example once again proves that you should never draw any conclusions judging only by the results obtained in one single application, especially as far as the overall platform performance goes.
<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 07/08/01 11:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HAHAHAHA, "The initial size of this pic is 600x600 pixels and it is saved in RGB format. Since the time spent on each benchmark working on a 1MB file is two short (about 1sec), we increased the file size up to 3000x3000 pixels and hence up to 17MB. "

Real genious at work, two vs too? thats a tough one.

Try working with a real file. like a few hundred megabytes or a few gigs and watch P4 whoop its ass badly. =P

I looked at his lame benchmarks, I see P4 winning most by wide margin. not that 2.1 vs 2.2 sec crap.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Of the hundreds of graphic firms I have been too, none are using AMD based systems. go figure =)

Now reread what you just quoted. it doesnt make any sense except to a lemming who will believe anything posted.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>What about Mac? Even though I hate them.

woops, meant to say the pc platform, and you got a point there, the mac is the best overall, see that? who said I was biased?

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm not a lemming, I just never get any links from you guys. You want to talk and yapp yapp yapp, but you won't post a real link to your claims. Post me a link to a benchmark where they have higher resolutions and larger file sizes. I'm open to any suggestions, but you never prove them. Your credibility stinks. We'll chat again when you prove your claims.....

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
In some filters Pentium 4 managed to beat Athlon, however, in most cases the situation is still not in its favor.
X-bit lab

Most of the case ????

Most of the case was win be P4 be a good marge.

Makaveli

Splendid
FuGGer shut your hole you flaming HOAR, show us your benchmarks. All you do it talk where is your proof?
And juin GET SOMEBODY to RE READ your POST, who can speak english and write proper grammer before posting! Half the time I miss your point cause I don't understand what the hell your saying!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hehehe. Harshly said to the French Canadian, but totally true.
I wonder how accurately our thoughts translate to French? Maybe he has no clue what we're saying half the time.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

G

>HAHAHA, what a dork, Im sure you can understand every word I post.

LoL
Fugger, you're the one who needs some remedial help in reading comprehension. He was refering to juin's posts. Maybe this <A HREF="http://www.hop.com" target="_new">site can help</A> :smile:

And about those "hundreds" of graphics shops you claim to have visited...

Is that <i>hundreds</i> in the same sense as the "hundreds of AMD incompatibilities" you claim but can't back up?

<i>Cognite Tute</i>
(Think for Yourself)

Makaveli

Splendid
lol who uses the word dork anymore.
Don't even try to flame me your probably some 30 something year old Nerd! I won't even waste my time saying anymore your a joke!
And if you can read, not understanding the post was meant for juin cause obviously you can write and speak proper english!
You should stop being such a jerk to people and be more open minded!
"I don't have time for bitches gotta keep my mind on my mother [-peep-] riches!"

Makaveli

Splendid
sorry for being so harsh juin, but that Fugger guy really bakes my cookies. I'm not like some of the other people on here I won't take his focken trash and bias opinons.

I am also Canadian!

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I looked at his lame benchmarks, I see P4 winning most by wide margin. not that 2.1 vs 2.2 sec crap.
When the P4 won a benchmark, its margin of victory was not really all that special. When the P4 lost a benchmark, it tended to lose donwright miserably, even compared to a P3.

A few gigs for a gfx file? BS. I would have to crank my scanner up to a fairly stupid DPI (say 1600x1600 or greater) at A4 size or greater (and save as an uncompressed TGA) to break the 1GB mark. That even assumes I'm including a per-pixel alpha channel (why would I do this, in a flattened image file?). And by the time a file gets that large, an artist will cut out sections to work on it, instead of working on it all at once.

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."