[SOLVED] Photoshop low budget (500€)

May 29, 2020
Hi guys I need your help.
I want to change my laptop and I have a maximum budget of € 500.
I mainly want to use photoshop to create 2d images and i want to play with emulators and oldgen games. Browsing, netflix, music.
I was thinking of a m.atx system considering that I have very little space.
The pc must be vertical position and the maximum measurements must be lenght=38cm // height=38cm // depth=18cm
I read that photoshop handles better Intel it's true?

thank you.

Solution
Alright, I took a look around, you wont fina m-atx case with those dimensions, a lot of itx also don't fit. So you'll have to look around a bit to find an itx case that fits your taste and dimensions.
Here's an intel example.
Ultimately, you wont have a dedicated graphics card and only a quad core cpu. An m-atx case and motherboard would reduce the cost but I'm sure that the space requirement is quite necessary.

Zie000

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016
As the last guy said its frequency dependent and mainly single threaded. Intel is the undisputed king of single core performance at the moment. You could get almost any modern i5 or even an i3 with integrated graphics on a matching itx or mATX motherboard and say 8 GB of RAM. Only problem is electronics are kinda expensive at the moment due to supply chain disruptions and especially power supplies are absurd. You could also go for a Ryzen 2400G which will have better integrated graphics which could help a bit for emulating some games, but will be notably worse in PS. Try to shop around and see what your options are for CPU / motherboard combos and google benchmarks for them to compare processors. Also i would look around any second hand markets for a used CPU (or if you get really lucky a CPU in a mATX or ITX board), just so you can save some money there for getting 16 GB of RAM since thats another resource that PS loves.

Alright, I took a look around, you wont fina m-atx case with those dimensions, a lot of itx also don't fit. So you'll have to look around a bit to find an itx case that fits your taste and dimensions.
Here's an intel example.
Ultimately, you wont have a dedicated graphics card and only a quad core cpu. An m-atx case and motherboard would reduce the cost but I'm sure that the space requirement is quite necessary.

Last edited:
Solution
May 29, 2020
Well. thank you all
I currently live in Italy.
So.. I would prefer the Intel platform.
I mainly need the PC to create 2d images. I am a kitmaker for Pes2020