Photoshop no gaming graphics card.

Mar 6, 2018
I'm putting together a computer for programming and some Photoshop.
I want two 4K 10bits IPS panels.
What graphics card should I choose.
No gaming on this computer.

Solution
Buy the GTX 1060 6GB if you have the money, or if you want to buy something cheaper then go for the GTX 1050ti as it has 4GB of memory and it is slightly cheaper. But if you want full stability, go for the 1060 6GB as it will be better for the two 4k monitors.

Get something with at least 4GB for stability; the newer ones will have 6GB-8GB, and some even more (12GB+). Also, go for DisplayPort connectors to hook up to your 4K monitors as they are the easiest cable to use with the necessary bandwidth.

Photoshop's official recommendation is "1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*"

The key part is that you're not trying to push maximum FPS, so a 1080Ti isn't necessarily required. If you want, you could even get a used Nvidia Quadro or AMD FirePro for cheap prices that could support what you want.

Mar 7, 2018
Buy the GTX 1060 6GB if you have the money, or if you want to buy something cheaper then go for the GTX 1050ti as it has 4GB of memory and it is slightly cheaper. But if you want full stability, go for the 1060 6GB as it will be better for the two 4k monitors.

Solution