Photoshop OpenGL, OpenCL Performance on AMD A300 APU

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
need to know the resolution of the image. to know what it can realistically handle in a real world situation. remember if someone like a photographer is using it, then they are most likely going to be loading 16-30 megapixel images.

PS these onboard GPU's are just as fast as some of the videoocards that people were happy with a few years ago with photoshop so there is no doubt that it handles photoshop really well. The only issue is can it handle a modern workload involving many high resolution images.

G

Look for Photoshop to be removed from the benchmark suite whenever AMD is unequivocally faster at it.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]If I want to do "light GPU-accelerated graphics work" I wouldn't use Photoshop. It's like saying I can run AutoCAD on a P4 machine but in order to do anything I need more horsepower.[/citation]

That post caused my brain to bluescreen and reboot.

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
[citation][nom]bluekoala[/nom]That post caused my brain to bluescreen and reboot.[/citation]

Actually, I get where OP is coming from. Doing "light" work means that I'm probably not a professional and can't pay for an expensive-ass piece of software like photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.