Photoshop wont open

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi
I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and everything
has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon it
starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
--
Terry
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Does anything appear in the taskbar?

--
Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
(Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
"tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C8FFDA41-C5E5-4178-8F38-FE13C2E877FC@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and
> everything
> has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon
> it
> starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
> Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
> --
> Terry
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Colin
It appears in the taskbar while it is firing up but then disapears when the
programe does.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Does anything appear in the taskbar?
>
> --
> Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
> (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
> "tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C8FFDA41-C5E5-4178-8F38-FE13C2E877FC@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and
> > everything
> > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon
> > it
> > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
> > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
> > --
> > Terry
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Check the event viewer in Computer Management for the error logged there.
Start>(right click)My Computer>Manage then expand the Event Viewer and
select Application. Look for red X's associated with the program. If you
try an uninstall and reinstall again be sure to reboot in between. Have you
used the support link at
http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html?

--
Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
(Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
"tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:42005D4F-FE38-463B-89CD-A18DA7D8F3C3@microsoft.com...
> Hi Colin
> It appears in the taskbar while it is firing up but then disapears when
> the
> programe does.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Does anything appear in the taskbar?
>>
>> --
>> Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
>> (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
>> "tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C8FFDA41-C5E5-4178-8F38-FE13C2E877FC@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and
>> > everything
>> > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop
>> > icon
>> > it
>> > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
>> > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out
>> > there.
>> > --
>> > Terry
>>
>>
>>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Many PS problems can be solved by deleting the preferences file. It will be
re-created the next time you open PS. (Works with Illustrator also).
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application
Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings
You may also wish to change the Edit/Preferences/Adobe Oniline menu to read
"Never".


"tezterry" wrote:

> Hi
> I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and everything
> has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon it
> starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
> Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
> --
> Terry
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks guys I have it back now Pheeew.
I went to the support and tried Ctrl + Alt + Shift while Photoshop was
starting and it worked Evidently it reset the preferences. Why it stopped
working I dont know but once again thanks a heap.

"Hugh" wrote:

> Many PS problems can be solved by deleting the preferences file. It will be
> re-created the next time you open PS. (Works with Illustrator also).
> C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application
> Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings
> You may also wish to change the Edit/Preferences/Adobe Oniline menu to read
> "Never".
>
>
> "tezterry" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and everything
> > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon it
> > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
> > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
> > --
> > Terry
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts