Photosmart 6510 wireless - not printing

daimonsbain

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
My 6510 is hooked up to my network, but will not print. Any time I try to print something, I get a pop-up syaing "Printer not Detected". Here is what I know:

-The printer is seen on the computer, and shown as "Ready"
-The printer shows as being connected to the network
-Firewall has full allowance for it

I've tried going to the printer network page (with it's IP Address), and I get the annoying "Taking too long to respond" page. I can get to the router itself using it's IP.

It seems to be acting like it won't allow any incoming "traffic" to it.

I've tried doing a complete uninstall & reinstall of the printer & software, no help there.

Tried EVERY step on HP's help site...... TWICE. Again, no help.

It works fine via USB, but I need the wireless for my other pc's. Does anyone know what can be done?

If more technical info is needed, please ask (WAAAAYYY too much to post in 1 sitting).

Solution
could be a bad network card on the printer, if you are unable to reach its network page. Try using the command prompt with the command "ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" where the X's represent your printers IP, this will send test packets and wait for an acknowledgement of receipt, if no acknowledgement then could be bad network card or some other firewall problem.

noreaster

Honorable
May 30, 2012
could be a bad network card on the printer, if you are unable to reach its network page. Try using the command prompt with the command "ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" where the X's represent your printers IP, this will send test packets and wait for an acknowledgement of receipt, if no acknowledgement then could be bad network card or some other firewall problem.

Solution

daimonsbain

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

I think you were right. I finally fixed it by deleting my network profile from the printer, resetting my modem & router, restarting the pc, setting up a new network, and then setting up the printer again on the new network. It seems to be working good (for now)! If I come up with this problem again, I'll see what I can do about getting a new network card for it. Thanks for the advice! :sol:

TRENDING THREADS