physical compatibility of sapphire nitro+ rx 580

Sujit Pal

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
I have gigabyte h97m-d3h motherboard. now i want to buy sapphire nitro+ rx 580. but my concern is does this motherboard physically supports sapphire nitro+ rx 580 ? i can see the pcie x16 slot is very close to the ram slots and the sapphire nitro+ rx 580 has a backplate. will the ram clip block this gpu?
2pzikuw.jpg

Solution
I'm not seeing any mention of intereference issues in relation to the memory slots on that board via Google search, and normally you would if there were any.

I seriously doubt that the backing plate is going to add enough width to the card to interfere, and will likely have enough clearance to ride over the top of the lock tabs, just like on practically every other mATX motherboard. You should be fine.

You may not be able to remove RAM while GPU card is installed however.
I'm not seeing any mention of intereference issues in relation to the memory slots on that board via Google search, and normally you would if there were any.

I seriously doubt that the backing plate is going to add enough width to the card to interfere, and will likely have enough clearance to ride over the top of the lock tabs, just like on practically every other mATX motherboard. You should be fine.

You may not be able to remove RAM while GPU card is installed however.

Solution