ChronoBreak777

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Blue screen errors galore...I run any extra application that uses more than 10 megs of memory and if i let it idle overnight...it tends to give me the blue screen. This is really quite frustrating as my downloads (via bit comet, bit spirit, or azureus) are always interrupted and rarely have any time at all to finish anything.

I bought this computer from (hehe) MadModMike, and apparently I was told there was some extreme downloading done on this laptop despite what he told me.

I have a 7000 series gateway laptop (OS: XP x64) equipped with two 512 mb sticks of ddr ram @ 166 mhz (samsung), 80gb harddrive, a 64 bit 3400+ running at 800 mhz (amd's power conservation) or 2.21 ghz processor. Also, right now I am running 29 processes @ 380 mb out of 2450 mb.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Blue screen errors galore...I run any extra application that uses more than 10 megs of memory and if i let it idle overnight...it tends to give me the blue screen. This is really quite frustrating as my downloads (via bit comet, bit spirit, or azureus) are always interrupted and rarely have any time at all to finish anything.

I bought this computer from (hehe) MadModMike, and apparently I was told there was some extreme downloading done on this laptop despite what he told me.

I have a 7000 series gateway laptop (OS: XP x64) equipped with two 512 mb sticks of ddr ram @ 166 mhz (samsung), 80gb harddrive, a 64 bit 3400+ running at 800 mhz (amd's power conservation) or 2.21 ghz processor. Also, right now I am running 29 processes @ 380 mb out of 2450 mb.

Most likely a RAM issue...I woulda called Gateway but I forgot the Serial number...gimme a call and we can fix this issue o_O.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

ChronoBreak777

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Most likely a RAM issue...I woulda called Gateway but I forgot the Serial number...gimme a call and we can fix this issue o_O.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Seriously, can this excruciately little amount of text compare to what i just typed...now nobody will reply thinking that you helped me already (that and the fact that you're involved here)

ChronoBreak777

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Yeah...well MadModMike found out that 64-bit was part of the problem, as well as possibly a bad sector in the harddrive in which case i will be receiving some software for zeroing out the harddrive.

TRENDING THREADS