Busternuts

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
My Used physical memory increases gradually at an abnormal rate until the blue error screen shows up saying physical memory dump.
Any solutions?

Edit: Used memory has increased by 90MB in last 20 minutes.

sithscout80

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
There is no error with the memory. A program you are running is leaking memory until there is none left to use, which causes the BSOD. Close out programs one by one and see when the leak stops. It is either a program (more likely) or your operating system (less likely).

The physical memory dump is taking your system information and saving it so it can be analyzed and the problem can be found. It has nothing to do with the memory having a problem.

fpdoc

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I have the same issue. Only occurs when I play BF2142.
I did memtest86 and also had windows check itself (chkdsk).
Everything was normal. It's be doing it episodically over the last month. Last night mid game my card locked up. Rebooted and after 1/2 hour I got the blue screen. Didnt get the stop line.
Card temps are normal at idle and load and 3DMark06 doesnt phase it when I run that. I've used everest to run system stability tests and I cant see anything that is chewing up memory.
Any thoughts? Do I need to repair or re-install my OS?
I installed my ATI dirver (new ones) and then got this message:

stop: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x87AD6748, 0x87AD68BC, 0x80501140)
So, I uninstalled the driveers and re-installed from a fresh copy.
I went to microsoft support and no info on the last 3 and a google search produced nothing. Since latest reboot, everything seems ok.