Physical memory usage

vladde

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Hello, there are many questions regarded this issue, yet I haven't found any useful answers or tips on how to succesfully reduce the physical memory usage in win7.

I have an Asus K53SC Laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate, on 4GB RAM my memory usage is going up to 55% with only a few firefox tabs open. I have already tried to disable all services, without anti virus and other useful things, I did scan my whole system with my antivirus and malware byte, without finding any flaws/issues/viruses.

Any other tips on how to reduce it? Thank you in advance and I hope you can help me.

PS: I always have around 60 processes running, no matter what I do.

Windows tries to find a use for all of your installed RAM (after all, that's why you installed it, isn't it?). RAM not in use is wasted. Don't try to second guess the memory manager, you'll lose every time.

vladde

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
The problem is that when I start using multiple programs, games, music players I run out of physical memory and my system crashes. That's why I need to lower the basic usage.

Windows will manage memory much better than you (or I) ever can. If your system is crashing when running multiple programs then the problem lies elsewhere. Since you haven't bothered to provide any detail any possible solutions would only be guesses.