PhysX Card Not Running In All Of My Games

yagitka

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
So I'm running on a GTX 970 as my main GPU and GTX660Ti for my Physx card.
I have installed FuildMark which it would work properly and boost my FPS if I use my PhysX card.
But then when I run any games in my system. My Dedicated PhysX card just doesn't work. like I even rolled back a couple drivers back and still nothing.
The games I've tried are ROTTR, Witcher, Mafia 3, etc... my other GPU doesn't seem to run.
And yes I've properly selected the GPU in the Nvidia control panel as the Dedicated to PhysX.
It only works in FluidMark.. :\

Anything would help. Thanks :)

Solution
You should check out the list of games that support hardware PhysX. None of the ones you mentioned are on the list. The best games for confirming that your PhysX is correctly configured for hardware PhysX are: the Batman Arkham games, Borderlands 2 & Prequel, and Fallout 4.

To check that PhysX is running correctly in those games (or any others on the list in the link):
Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Settings (the tab at the top of the window) > Show PhysX Visual Indicator

When you enable the PhysX Visual Indicator, it will show the status of PhysX while playing a game. It will tell you whether PhysX is running on CPU or GPU. So enable the visual indicator, then play game that support GPU hardware PhysX.

yagitka

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply, but I've seen some videos in Youtube like a gameplay of ROTTR their dedicated PhysX GPUs were running while mine is nothing and seeing it that it improves performance. Still doesn't make sense for me.

yagitka

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Well it's not only ROTTR that i've seen tho, other games too. I'm just wondering why it won't work, but work really fine with FluidMark.

You should check out the list of games that support hardware PhysX. None of the ones you mentioned are on the list. The best games for confirming that your PhysX is correctly configured for hardware PhysX are: the Batman Arkham games, Borderlands 2 & Prequel, and Fallout 4.

To check that PhysX is running correctly in those games (or any others on the list in the link):
Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Settings (the tab at the top of the window) > Show PhysX Visual Indicator

When you enable the PhysX Visual Indicator, it will show the status of PhysX while playing a game. It will tell you whether PhysX is running on CPU or GPU. So enable the visual indicator, then play game that support GPU hardware PhysX.

Solution