Pick as Solution

Solution
Best Answer is a little more spot-on than a simple up or down vote, and helps users visiting the site identify solutions much quicker. The de-selection option is to provide for a change of mind, especially on the part of the original poster.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
It is good that it is possible, because no one ever selects the best answer, but yes the who needs to be addressed. I don't think people should be able to select themselves.

Even when I have the best answer on a thread, happened once, I still don't feel right selecting it.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Geef, if he does not have at least 5 Best Answers, should not have been able to select a Best Answer. We're looking into this. Currently, to select a Best Answer, you have to either have Best Answers already awarded to you, be the Original Poster, or a Moderator.

Agreed, I though it was 5 BAs in the relevant thread, i.e. at least an 'expert' in that Forum, but
an overall score of 5 is too easily achievable for a troll intent on misbehaving...

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011

Hey jpishgar, thank you for clearing that up.

I do like the fact that the ability is there and am sure you guys will sort it out. No major dramas, the kinks will get ironed out in time.

Anti.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
I've selected a few best answers, it makes somewhat sense that now I can mark someone who answered the question as correct, but then again who am I to make the choice? The OP should be making it not me.

Instead of mark as best answer I would prefer a kind of thum up/down system, where I can upvote a comment as being "better" instead of just marking one basically as THE BEST. If that makes sense.

Also I find the option to deselect an answer as....strange...

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Best Answer is a little more spot-on than a simple up or down vote, and helps users visiting the site identify solutions much quicker. The de-selection option is to provide for a change of mind, especially on the part of the original poster.

Solution