Question Picking a graphics card for my PC?

AlphaSpartan

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
I recently bought a gaming pc online that had everything but a graphics card included, what sort of GPU would be appropriate to put in a build with an Intel i7 9700F?

Would something like the 3060 ti be overkill? How do you determine what kind of card to put in your system?

Feb 8, 2021
Do you know what the other specs besides the CPU are? Assuming you can even get your hands on a 30 series card right now, that CPU should be fine for most gaming and not present a bottleneck, but like Why_Me said, the resolution you hope to play at is an important variable, as is how much RAM you have.

AlphaSpartan

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Do you know what the other specs besides the CPU are? Assuming you can even get your hands on a 30 series card right now, that CPU should be fine for most gaming and not present a bottleneck, but like Why_Me said, the resolution you hope to play at is an important variable, as is how much RAM you have.

It’ll have 32GB of RAM at 3200 MHz, an 850 watt psu, and for now I only have a 1080p monitor but in the future I might make the switch to 1440p.

I wasn’t planning on getting any graphics card for it until the summer when I get back from school, so I was thinking the NVIDIA 30 series might be more available then.