Picking a Power Supply

Alex955

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Hi I am planning to build my first pc with a i5-7600k and gtx 1070, could i have some suggestions on the best power supply for these specs

Thanks

Solution
My personal preference: In all my builds I use EVGA G2 PSUs. Great warranty, gold rated efficiency, great quality, full modular and all sleeved cables. While you'd be "ok" with a 550 I find its always better to shoot high for future upgrades & keeping load under control (can help with fan noise also), so I'd probably go minimum 750W since the cost difference is typically negligible.

The new G3 PSUs are getting good reviews until you get to the 1000W where fan noise becomes an issue. The G3 is nice simply because of its more compact size.

You'll find different people have different favorite brands. Your budget also makes a difference.

marko55

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
My personal preference: In all my builds I use EVGA G2 PSUs. Great warranty, gold rated efficiency, great quality, full modular and all sleeved cables. While you'd be "ok" with a 550 I find its always better to shoot high for future upgrades & keeping load under control (can help with fan noise also), so I'd probably go minimum 750W since the cost difference is typically negligible.

The new G3 PSUs are getting good reviews until you get to the 1000W where fan noise becomes an issue. The G3 is nice simply because of its more compact size.

You'll find different people have different favorite brands. Your budget also makes a difference.

Solution