Build Advice *PICS INSIDE, PLEASE LOOK* I can't decide, i5-9400F w/Z390 or Ryzen 2600x w/X470? Same price, which would you choose and why?

seattlepurple

Prominent
Dec 16, 2018
qQqyUvf.png

OR

pgJrHVW.png

So as you can see, may as well be same price, same RAM, same motherboard essentially, best motherboard chipset for each with intel z390 and amd x470, and even the CPU's are almost equal also, about 1% effective speed change:

yGWfjJY.png

So I ask you fellow TomsHardware readers, which would you choose and why? Is one more future proof? Thank you!

Oh, and if it matters, I have ATI graphics cards, not nVidia

Last edited by a moderator:
With AMD set you can upgrade CPU in next two years easily while with Intel is unknown when or even if any new gen CPU would work with today's chipsets or sockets. Ryzen 3000 is coming in couple of months.
As for GPU, for now it doesn't matter which make it is. it will work same on any platform.

1s3ct0wN

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello,

What are you going to use the system for that the most important question, if its purely for gaming go for Intel, if its gaming and streaming from the same PC go for Ryzen.
If its going to be used for workstation AMD is better path again.

Both have advantages and disadvantages it coming down to what suits your needs the best.