PICS: The Dirtiest, Nastiest, Computers Ever

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

murillians

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
the first computer i disceted had cacaroach poop all over it, cacaroach body parts all over it, and to top it all off a small dead spider on the mobo

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]rand_79[/nom]I forgot to mention they had 19 locations...most were pickup stores.. the actually dry cleaner plants were the worst..sometimes you would find dead mice and BIG roaches in there too.[/citation]

+1 for the roaches XD

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
When I was a copier tech we had to go to this gypsum mine at least once a month to clean their copier, it always took half a day to clean out the pounds of dirt. Their computer tech was there one day and I watched him open that thing to about 2.5" of fine dust settled in the bottom of the case, he said that was after a month. He was lucky though, he brought a compressor and just went outside and blew it out, my copier was too big to move.

I've seen lots of home PC's as dirty or dirtier than the ones in those pics (except the one filled with chip bags). Usually when I ask the person how long it's been since their computer was cleaned the response I get is "What, you mean I'm SUPPOSED to clean it out?". I live in the plains where it's always windy and dusty though, so everybody's computers are always dirty.

I'm gonna start taking pics of the bad ones now.

the worst computer i seen is was one from a heavy smoker. when i opened it up it had yellow nicotine stains over everything and you couldn't turn it on because it would blow cigarette smoke out the back and fill the room with it. nothing could be salvaged from it. but hey, it started up fine

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is what i call laziness, i am sure that everyone can stop surfing the WWW for one hour a month and clean their machines. i clean the inside of my case every 2 weeks and it takes me about 10 min from start to finish.

We do a lot of press board conversion in our plant, hence a lot of dust.
We have PC's that have been on the production floor for years, and years, that look worse than any pictured here. One of them in fact is a old Celeron 300A/Abit BH6 motherboard based rig clocked at 450 mhz that I built back in 1998. We use to it to run a bar code program and a couple of thermal printers. It is still running Windows 98 too.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]fortmccubble[/nom]Yuck, I actually smoke in front of my computer and have cats and birds (for the sake of my animals I smoke in a pretty OCD filtration set up in my room away from them). My case is a Silverstone Raven 2 though and I clean it once a month. Gotta love those filters, the case itself stays pristine but I blast it out with air anyway.[/citation]

I know many smokers who have clean and neat PCs, that smoke in front of it. They just know how to take care of them and not let it get all gummed up and nasty inside. I've seen just as bad, or sometimes worse from non-smokers as well, who just don't live a very clean lifestyle.

actully it was a computer someone came in and donated at my workplace so i have no idea who it was. whoever it was i don't think they have long to live

Azgoroth

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
I work at a small gas engine and vacuum repair shop. Our shop computers are truly disgusting. Especially the vacuum shop computers. There's no official IT guy so they never get cleaned. Despite being filthy they almost never break.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I should've sent them the picture of a computer I replaced at work last year! It was an old celeron 667 system (128mb ram, 10GB WD drive) that had been in use in a carpentry since it was new. It was so full of white/gold wood dust I wondered why it hadn't caught fire years ago!

mergatroid

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
I've seen a lot of dead mice, rats, roaches and other bugs, not to mention droppings. I haven't seem anyone's finger yet, but I don't doubt it, and I won't even give you the rather lame expression "pic or it never happened" because far stranger things than that have happened. Anyone demanding a pic hasn't much experience in repairs, or the world in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.