Picture for Administrator on Start Menu?

Something very basic but which never occurred to me before:

Does WinXP Pro not allow a picture/graphic on the mast of the Start Menu for
Administrator, like for other users?

Never an issue for me but I have to pass on the answer to somebody who asked
me. I could not get a picture to show up for the Administrator even though
the option is there in Control Panel/User Accounts/Administrator/Change
Picture.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

SKS

kelly

administrator is a default account set by the system basically for
troubleshooting so that's likely why you cannot add a picture.

"SKS" wrote:

> Something very basic but which never occurred to me before:
>
> Does WinXP Pro not allow a picture/graphic on the mast of the Start Menu for
> Administrator, like for other users?
>
> Never an issue for me but I have to pass on the answer to somebody who asked
> me. I could not get a picture to show up for the Administrator even though
> the option is there in Control Panel/User Accounts/Administrator/Change
> Picture.
>
> Thanks a lot in anticipation.
>
> SKS

Thanks very much. That solves a little mystery!

SKS

"Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> administrator is a default account set by the system basically for
> troubleshooting so that's likely why you cannot add a picture.
>

> "SKS" wrote:
>
>> Something very basic but which never occurred to me before:
>>
>> Does WinXP Pro not allow a picture/graphic on the mast of the Start Menu
>> for
>> Administrator, like for other users?
>>
>> Never an issue for me but I have to pass on the answer to somebody who
>> asked
>> me. I could not get a picture to show up for the Administrator even
>> though
>> the option is there in Control Panel/User Accounts/Administrator/Change
>> Picture.
>>
>> Thanks a lot in anticipation.
>>
>> SKS

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

SKS wrote:
> Something very basic but which never occurred to me before:
>
> Does WinXP Pro not allow a picture/graphic on the mast of the Start Menu for
> Administrator, like for other users?
>
> Never an issue for me but I have to pass on the answer to somebody who asked
> me. I could not get a picture to show up for the Administrator even though
> the option is there in Control Panel/User Accounts/Administrator/Change
> Picture.
>
> Thanks a lot in anticipation.
>
> SKS

The Welcome Screen login must be used to get the picture on the start
menu. It will show for the built in administrator account. BTW you can
pretty much dismiss anything this "Kelly" posts. This person has been,
it appears, misrepresenting themselves as our very respected Kelly
Theriot MVP. Their advice is very often wrong, and they have ignored
numerous requests to modify their name to distinguish it from Kelly MVP

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User