[SOLVED] Picture in picture security cameras and PC on one monitor? Virtual PIP? KVM?

leaf16nut

Honorable
Oct 16, 2014
So I currently have a dual monitor setup, two MSI Optix MAG27s hooked up via DisplayPort to display my PC desktop and if I switch the monitor on the rights input it displays my security cameras via HDMI.

What I'm looking to do is have both my monitors display my PC desktop and the monitor on the right display my security cameras in a PIP window in the corner. I was wondering if there's a program that creates a virtual display within the screen to trick the monitor into displaying both the DisplayPort and HDMI inputs at the same time? Or possibly a KVM? Or combination of both?

I've been scouring the internet for months and haven't found a solution, really hoping that's not because it's impossible.

Solution
So I currently have a dual monitor setup, two MSI Optix MAG27s hooked up via DisplayPort to display my PC desktop and if I switch the monitor on the rights input it displays my security cameras via HDMI.

What I'm looking to do is have both my monitors display my PC desktop and the monitor on the right display my security cameras in a PIP window in the corner. I was wondering if there's a program that creates a virtual display within the screen to trick the monitor into displaying both the DisplayPort and HDMI inputs at the same time? Or possibly a KVM? Or combination of both?

I've been scouring the internet for months and haven't found a solution, really hoping that's not because it's impossible.
Can your cameras be accessed...

kanewolf

Titan

Can your cameras be accessed via network? If so then use VLC or similar to view the cameras.

Solution