Pictures: Ballmer Signing Windows 7 Gold Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
im surprised theres no pictures of them bumping chests and grunting at eachother.

seriously tho, its a nice feather in microsofts hat. 'we've sold more copies of win7 than vista... and win7 isnt even out yet.' (thats not a real quote.)

G

- Just imaging if the Gold disc was their only RTM copy and the disk turned out to be full of unrecoverable errors? :O

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
why does the disc look like those cheap CD-Rs that I can buy in like those cheap electronics stores ... is there no close up of the signed disc?

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ned7077[/nom]I hope that wasn't a Sharpie marker.[/citation]

Why would it matter, if it is a DVD which it more than likely is, the recording layer is sandwitched between two pieces of plastic. A sharpie's ink would have to be made of pure sulfuric acid to make it through that layer and cause harm.

also what hair do? the guy is bald not much you can do unless you want him to wear a toupe. I agree though I've seen photos and movies of him being a bit crazy but a guy with that much wealth and power has to be pretty bright, I mean in the regard seeing as he isn't an oil tycoon.

anyway good luck microsoft I'm sure people will complain about windows 7 soon after launch as they do with any MS product but I won't. I just wonder if this will solve people's driver issues who want to use their clunky 10 year old scanners and printers which worked fine in XP.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]deltatux[/nom]why does the disc look like those cheap CD-Rs that I can buy in like those cheap electronics stores ... is there no close up of the signed disc?[/citation]

I have seen authoring discs that are gold on top, mostly ones for sale on ebay which are master copies of music for recording from. It may be industry standard to use a gold color disc for this purpose to differentiate it from other media in a work space.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
So, I wonder if the RTM version of Windows7, which has tweaked and improved upon every aspect of Vista has actually updated the 1995 era Drive Usage Window?

It's Soooo 1995.

Get out your Vistas & Windows7, go to Drive properties - yep, no different from Windows95. The ugly blue & purple pie-chart maybe there forever!

But they at least put the ribbon system on the MS-Write and MS-Paint programs that almost nobody uses.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Yer right... 3 old guys grunting over a CD is a bit silly.

They should take the Japanese route. Have a bunch of hot chicks (Go ahead and make them Japanese) wearing cute/hot outfits holding CDs. Or at least clapping in the background.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Gimme a retail Win7 already dammit!
Don't make me pirate another OS! I finally have money (2 grand a month may be shit, but when your living expenses are around 500-600 a month, 2k works just fine).

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]So, I wonder if the RTM version of Windows7, which has tweaked and improved upon every aspect of Vista has actually updated the 1995 era Drive Usage Window? It's Soooo 1995.Get out your Vistas & Windows7, go to Drive properties - yep, no different from Windows95. The ugly blue & purple pie-chart maybe there forever!But they at least put the ribbon system on the MS-Write and MS-Paint programs that almost nobody uses.[/citation]why modify something that was done right from the start ?

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]why modify something that was done right from the start ?[/citation]

"Start" get it?... mauahaahahaaa... uahahaha... ha... hmmmmm........ o_O

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Why I have the feeling that I am looking at a bunch of idiots and not at some corporate guys and very important people in the software industry?

Wait...you actually believe that "corporate guys" exsist?? Don't forget your tin-foil hat bobby.

G

This is what the pictures say:
-Pic 1-
Steve: "Kiss my Mothe #FF'in ass! I'm Steve Balmer, the greatest guy in the world, because I eat 5 prozac pills before lecturing,
..."
"and I can shout!"
"Whaaaaa!"

-2-
"Wanna feel my fist, huh, Senovski, (or whatever your name is) damn Rus!?
Clap for my damn good product man!"

-3-
"Look at my bad-ass CD! I'm the man! Look, I can even hold a pen!
Yeeaah!"

-4-
Sinofsky: "He's a hothead isn't he?"
Steve: "Damn, gotta watch my bloodpreassure.. Damn lectures gave me almost a heart attack.. Shish..."

-5-
Sinofsky: "Voila Steve,I've signed your CD"
Kevin: "Bye Steve, have fun playing on the playground with your new shiny,..,round, .. thingy!"
Stev: "Heh yeah.. playground!.."

-6-
Steve: "Whooh, so pretty! It has a hole, can't wait figuring out why that is for!"
Sinofsky: "You see,just give him the DVD, and he'll be calm the rest of the day"
Kevin:"I see! Can't wait to see how it will work on my wife!"

Status
Not open for further replies.