PICTURES: GeForce GTX 480 Stripped Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Pictures and pictures and pictures, and still no benchmarks....

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Interesting to see how the heat sink and cooling assembly is set up under the hood. Looks like the aluminum frame (serving as a heat sink for the memory) and the main GPU heat sink are actually two completely separate components. It's also interesting to note that the heat pipes actually come in direct contact with the GPU.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]shadow703793[/nom]I gave up on this card being silent once I saw the Delta fan. At any rate, this is one power sucking beast.[/citation]

yea based on the prices, it looks like it won't perform much better than 5xxx yet consume a lot more power...

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I'm sure benchmarks are coming soon - chances are there's an embargo on them until official launch and enough units are on their way to retailers. A little blue bird tells me that Tom's already has a 480 and already benchmarked it a few days ago.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I can see Nvidia has been putting a lot of money into Fermi-related PR. Now if only they would have put some of that money into R&D they might have had a new card six months ago, like a certain other video card manufacturer...

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
That thing is probably the size of an original Pentium chip... taking the heatspreader is asking too much, isn't it ? Well, then again, it's a rare item, so I guess they want to preserve it because they are likely not going to get another for review in the next few months (some review sites are getting none whatsoever, only a GTX 470), and they will have to compare it to the future 5890.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]i dont get it ... why don't i remember this much hype for ATI 5XXX series....[/citation]

Nvidia doing an under the table deal with Toms! I hope not! o_O

Damn right there should have been a hell of a lot more hype for Radeon HD5000. First DX11 card. Three monitors ftw? Fastest card on the planet demolishing anything and everything.

And there's like one thing on tesselation.... =P Oh well.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
By the way, who was the smart one putting big holes at the end of the PCB? Something must be going on if they can make a better card then ATI and then have the nerve to drill holes in it to show how small and powerful and how unnecessary PCB real estate is.

I'm curious.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]shadow703793[/nom]I gave up on this card being silent once I saw the Delta fan. At any rate, this is one power sucking beast.[/citation]
Delta fan!?! Where? Oh on the link...They probably had to install on to help the heat issues they were having.

yizusc

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
plz show real benchmarks, i think they arent shown cause, FERMI its not that fast to justify such of an investment. And the publicity its based on people nvidia's fan people just go the launchment day and do a blind purchase.

The Dark Knight is quite possibly the most awesome cooler you can get for the price of refernce.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Now we have X-rated pics of fermi cards stripping.

Next up, videos of fermi cards being stripped..

Followed by videos of fermi cards being stipped and put back together...

Followed by videos of fermi cards being stripped while a 5870 watches....

this is just getting dumber and dumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.