Piece of **** pc 4 sale

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Its Plug and Play, unless its MSI thats when it becomes Plug and Prey

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I'll give 20.01 for the evil PC. Maybe put a bunch of religious stuff around the PC and hopeful this evil wont affect your new PC. I hope I'm not affected now posting to this evil
Take the PC to the church and have an exorcism done

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

I am seriuosly considering it, ty for making me laugh! :lol:

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

does Orthos run on xp 64?

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

Apache, found ATItool on overclock.net... where are simple instructions on how to use?

Download, Install, Select Scan for Artifacts and let it run for a few hours

Orthos - Runs on 32 and 64 bit fine, and same deal, downlaod and extract, press start and let run for a few hours

All new systems and components need to be hammered and tested properly, run in to make sure there ok - has everyone forgotten this golden rule?

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Mr gross has evil, run now gross before it takes your soul. My prayers go out to ya. Move to Canada. My suggestion is post this question in Other they will help you there

LOL you need an anti-evil, and no im not talking about Norton! Thats more like DR Evil.

Sneak up on your pc when its sleeping and box it up and post it to somewhere far away!!!!!!

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

LOL! tooo much! running ATI tiil now, 15mins in gpu@ 77c, gpu activity at 99%
thanks much.

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Hey all, took advice ran the software you mentioned and things were ok + took out the x-fi card, I also had a long talk w/ a sr.tek at ATI who advised me to run some tests and submit them to ATI/AMD it appears that from the diagnosis my 2 hard drives are running raid, not sure how that happened + I did a fresh install of the o/s before I sent the tests into ATI, if anyone wants to see the tests I ran I can submit them to your email if to like reading things like that, here is the reply from ATI, any advice?

Dear Jason,
We have analyzed the al the reports you have sent, and have found some inconsistencies in the report as to what they detect and the information is questionable

Normally all the reports should reveal identical information this is imperative; however in this case the reports match up with some of the details and not with others.

Motherboard:
CPU Type Unknown, 3215 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 4096 MB
…………………………………….

CPU Type = AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
6400+
CPU Speed = 3216 MHz
North Bridge Chipset Vendor ID = Not Detected
North Bridge Chipset Device ID = Not Detected
North Bridge Chipset Revision = Not Detected
North Bridge Chipset Drivers Version = NOT DETECTED
North Bridge Chipset Drivers Date = NOT DETECTED

South Bridge Chipset Vendor ID = Not Detected
South Bridge Chipset Device ID = Not Detected
South Bridge Chipset Revision = Not Detected
South Bridge Chipset Drivers Version = NOT DETECTED
South Bridge Chipset Drivers Date = NOT DETECTED

From the information provided, we verified that there are two hard drives on the system setup as a Raid. In a raid configuration, both hard drives would have the same amount of information, but in this case the difference is of 40 gb approximately.

This is really substantial, and it elicits the question how is the raid working? Is windows gone corrupt or something causes a huge data influx or data movement to cause the 40 GB difference?

Putting the particulars together, it seems the issue is going to windows operating system.

Although there is not much data on the hard drive, something seems to be triggering the issue.

Is there any chance you can install windows on a single hard drive and then try?

Once we receive a response, we will escalate the issue for further investigation

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

apache, actually I plan on doing both, maybe in my case less is more, at any rate I will be getting my new card from newegg next week + got 3 tshits for the trouble, I hope to be up soon and back on leet servers COD4 "BustaCap" soon.... as always ty brothers! :hello:

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
lol what in the hell is a tshit? is it legal to sell tshits in the US? Man, you really can get anything from the Internet now-a-days... I'm not sure if I can even imagine what a tshit would look like and you got 3 of them. Once you get them, I'd like to know how they was packaged... Never thought I'd see the day that tshits would be handed out all willy nilly like that, haha

Arson94

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

oh wow I just noticed that, yeh thats pretty good huh, Id better call NewEgg and verify I am getting tshirts and not tshits, well they will say Microsoft on them so maybe I was correct in my last post, LOL! :lol:

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
lol for real. yea man I couldn't help but to post a reply to that. I read it the first time and my diaphragm fell out of my ass I was laughing so hard. I mean it wouldn't have been funny had it been any other combination of mispelling, but a tshit? how can you not laugh and at least say something about a tshit? lol im still laughing, it just hit the right spot at the right moment I guess. Thanx! I really needed a laugh today :lol:

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

sorry sold last week, at 60.00/ea, the dude loves them. next time, I have some other goodies in classifieds (cheap)

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
hey guys, when I installed the new drivers ver 8.4 and rebooted I got this... dumprep o-K, or its possibly dumprep 0-K. o and 0 is hard to determine, SUX! it was when I installed the WDM Intergrated Driver this happened. Do I need this garbage driver? dunno this may be my issue.

jcgross

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

Dude, you are a TOOL! :fou:

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008

The WDM driver is a series of drivers used to enable the capture and TV tuner features on VIVO boards, and the ALL-IN-WONDER series of cards. Theoretically, unless you're using the VIVO capability of your card, then you should't need it to play games. But if you ever plan to use the Video In Video Out (VIVO) capablities, you will need the WDM drivers.

--Arson94

TRENDING THREADS