Pieces for school/Gaming what should I get?

samuel32913

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
In another post in the systems sub forum I asked for advice on building a new PC for Gaming and school (programming/coding Games). And I was just wondering since this is my first solo build, what is recommended for that in terms of:
Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse ect.
Any help would be great, I just have never bought any stuff like that so I dont know what to look for. (I would keep my old stuff but my dad just recently [within the last 10ish minutes] told me he was keeping everything involving the old computer including the old computer)

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
A lot of gamers really like mechanical keyboards and since you'll be using it for coding/programming as well as gaming I would look at that as one of your first items. They can run upwards of $100+ but if you've ever used one you'll probably understand that it's just a totally different experience. As far as a mouse, I would go with something that you can use both for gaming as well as school. I bought a Logitech M705 that suits my needs well. However, the mouse is very tricky because you really have to find the one with the best ergonomics for you. Go to Best Buy/Fry's or any other sort of store and try a few out and see what you think.

As far as a monitor, I have a 27" that works well for me. I might have been able to squeeze a 30" monitor on my desk but that could've been pushing it. I work from home sometimes and I can tell you that the larger monitor is a godsend.

I hope this helps, but if you have questions on components as well there are plenty of people who can help you.

samuel32913

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I haven't bought anything for it yet, I'm waiting till black Friday. I know I wont get many of the items I want on that day, so that weekend is my buying weekend. I'm gonna go and purchase just about everything that weekend that i can.