Pigtail needed: AirPort Extreme -> Dr. Bott ant.

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc (More info?)

AirPort Extreme (model without external antenna connector) needs to connect
to a Dr. Bott's ExtendAir high-gain antennas.

What are the connectors required for each of these products?

Suggestions from where to buy a pigtail?

Thanks,
--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

luddite

In alt.internet.wireless DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> AirPort Extreme (model without external antenna connector) needs to connect
> to a Dr. Bott's ExtendAir high-gain antennas.

> What are the connectors required for each of these products?

without an external connector you don't have many options.
and $80-$120 for a 3dbi omni,apple certified or not is a ripoff.

DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> AirPort Extreme (model without external antenna connector) needs to connect
> to a Dr. Bott's ExtendAir high-gain antennas.
>
> What are the connectors required for each of these products?
>
> Suggestions from where to buy a pigtail?

AirPort Base Station antenna kit:
<http://www.quickertek.com/basestation.html>

AirPort Extreme Base Station dissection:
<http://www.vonwentzel.net/ABS/ExtendedExtreme/index.html>

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc (More info?)

http://www.aerialix.com/
They have pigtails, custom for whatever you need.
Good place to get a good wirless card and access point too! 200mw
transmitters vs the usual 50mw!! I have a senao acess point from them and I
can use my laptop 500 feet down the street from my house.

- Mike

"DaveC" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> AirPort Extreme (model without external antenna connector) needs to
connect
> to a Dr. Bott's ExtendAir high-gain antennas.
>
> What are the connectors required for each of these products?
>
> Suggestions from where to buy a pigtail?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> DaveC
> me@privacy.net