[SOLVED] PiHole not blocking a lot

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Ive currently got a Pihole setup on a old desktop computer, It blocks at most 25 percent of ads, is their any way i can bump that up to at the very least 50 percent without causing things like itunes or facebook to be blocked or locked out? I know you cant block youtube ads because they have everchanging url's. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. If not im tearing it down and making a budget gaming pc out of it.

Solution
Ive currently got a Pihole setup on a old desktop computer, It blocks at most 25 percent of ads, is their any way i can bump that up to at the very least 50 percent without causing things like itunes or facebook to be blocked or locked out? I know you cant block youtube ads because they have everchanging url's. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. If not im tearing it down and making a budget gaming pc out of it.
I run PIHole, and about 10% of my DNS traffic is blocked. First thing you need to verify is that your DHCP server is providing your PiHole host as the DNS server to clients.
Use the lists that are available in PiHole and manually blacklist sites if required.

kanewolf

Titan
I run PIHole, and about 10% of my DNS traffic is blocked. First thing you need to verify is that your DHCP server is providing your PiHole host as the DNS server to clients.
Use the lists that are available in PiHole and manually blacklist sites if required.

Solution