Pilot Production Of Roto VR Motorized Chair Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The base Roto VR Chair without any accessories is available for $999."
I don't think this will sell very well for the same reason the Virtuix Omni hasn't sold well. It's a great idea and great product but... The price seems like it was thought up by a guy who just went outside for lunch and paid $15 for a hot dog. While it may be nice to live in LA and NY some companies need to re-evaluate how much people can afford and would be willing to pay. And perhaps they're not trying to make lots of money on each unit, it could be that production costs are too high but they should have thought of that.
Don't get me wrong, it seems like it would be awesome for VR and I would love one but like may others, (I can afford it) but I'm not willing to pay that much.

elliott.myers

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
Our production costs increased beyond what we anticipated (significantly so) so we had to restructure our offering. We see the opportunity as long term, so will constantly strive to reduce production costs. We have also been under a lot of pressure to launch, so have had to bite the bullet on some parts being over engineered or over priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.