Discussion Pimping up my pc

aden.anderson2001

Reputable
Aug 26, 2018
Hi. I have a build that I want to make look better but don't know what to do. I had someone outside assemble it for me because I'm a newb in pc assemblies but I'm good with software. I've done some rgb setup stuff using armory crate but, it's just not really enjoyable? I have tried using aura creator too but armory crate just doesn't have enough lightning effects for me to say "OK finally this is it". I have also tried signal rgb which was trash in my opinion. I'm looking for some rgb neon strips to connect inside the case, but not really sure if I should buy ones that are cheap and incompatible with motherboards, that have their own remote controls, or the ones that are expensive and can be synced using the motherboard and rgb apps. I have no other idea for making the build look better. Also I tried to make some components have brown rgb colors to match my room but the brown in them mostly looks like a disgusting yellow. Any idea how I can improve the look of this thing?
Some pictures:
https://ibb.co/pPdbDrW
https://ibb.co/ynBKg X8

And my build:
TUF X570 PRO plus MB
ryzen 7 5800x cpu
5600xt ROG Strix graphics
Deepcool castle rgb v2 watercooler
Gskill trident z 32gb ram
750w Tuf psu
Phanteks case fans
Logitech g213 prodigy keyboard
ROG Gladius II origin mouse

Also if you could, please also recommend me tips that I could physically apply to the case to make it better. I live in Iran so I have no access to Amazon. So any part you'd recommend, I'd have to find in shops, which has a low chance of finding those parts.
Thanks in advance.

Brown from LEDs is basically impossible.

I'm guessing you mean to improve the look of the INSIDE of your case. My opinion is that your ATX system is far to large to sit on the top of your desk as is. Something like a slim tower mITX like the Silvestone LD03-AF would look better...something shallower front to back.

What's your goal? More lights? Better lighting effects (chasing/blinking/etc)? I think choosing a single lighting color would improve your aesthetic a lot.

If money and expertise is no object, custom water cooling with hardline tubing is generally considered the most aesthetically pleasing. You can also get into custom-sleeved PSU cables. Custom paint jobs. Etc etc. Do a google search of case mods to get ideas.

Last edited:

aden.anderson2001

Reputable
Aug 26, 2018
Brown from LEDs is basically impossible.

I'm guessing you mean to improve the look of the INSIDE of your case. My opinion is that your ATX system is far to large to sit on the top of your desk as is. Something like a slim tower mITX like the Silvestone LD03-AF would look better...something shallower front to back.

What's your goal? More lights? Better lighting effects (chasing/blinking/etc)? I think choosing a single lighting color would improve your aesthetic a lot.

If money and expertise is no object, custom water cooling with hardline tubing is generally considered the most aesthetically pleasing. You can also get into custom-sleeved PSU cables. Custom paint jobs. Etc etc. Do a google search of case mods to get ideas.

Thank you for your answer. I do mean improvement on the case, whether outside of it, or the inside, but not the desk. Although I do want that too but don't know if here is the right place to ask for help about that.

The case you recommended is extremely beautiful tbh but as I said I have limited access to these parts because of the country I live in. So I have to find something similar in here which has a super slim chance, or nothing.
I'm the kind of person who always feels like changing things. I'm never satisfied with decorations, whether it's the room or my pc and lighting effects. So I change things quite too often and that could be a problem when it comes to pc setups.

My goal is both of the things you mentioned. As far as I have seen there is only armory crate that works OK, if not bad. But other softwares like asrocks or razer chroma don't work on non of my components, bcs of the motherboard I think. I'm generally looking for some softwares that I could customize the lightings more, have more effects, and practically be able to do whatever I want with the lightings. I do know that I could be limited by my hardware, but wanna get the most out of all I have.

I will take a look into the case mods thank you.

Or turn off the LEDs and look at your monitor instead of your case??

On a more serious note, I'd choose green. Matches your faux plants and speakers. I also think green and black looks spiffy.