[SOLVED] Pin connector for rtx 2070 super

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
The cable on the left is seperate from the one on the right i am holding, can i use two seperate cords for the rtx 2070 super? It needs 2 6+2 or 8 and 8 pin connectors Im looking to get the founders edition of the rtx 2070 super i also have a dumb question, i have an EVGA Supernova G2 750W 80+ gold psu and im looking to get a 2070 super and it requires two 8 pin connectors or 6+ 2 and 6+2, do the cables have to be connected? Like 16 pin connector in one? Or seperate 6+2 pin cables? Because i have another set of 6+2

Last edited:
Solution
Should be aware that mixing cables from other psus or even bought separately can lead to very bad things happening. Positive and negative pins aren't always in the same spot and a huge risk of frying components. Always keep to the original cables the psu comes with, including sata etc, any cable providing power.

Two separate cables is fine.

These are the cables my psu came with, there are multiple but because they're flat, using two separate cables was a mess so i learnt i could use a single cable instead.
s-l300.jpg

So yea for me, it was the 8pin into the psu and the 2x 6+2 to the gpu.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
your psu should have 4 8pin vga connectors (4x 6+2)
u just need to connect 2 o them
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...&q=6+2+pin+connector+vga&hl=en&source=sh/x/im so that for instance i have a bunch of those (VGA connectors) so itll work? I thought i had to have a cable all in one of the total of 16 pin connectors, but i can plug one end into the vga psu slot and into the other end into the gpu? Ive already got one into my gtx 1060 it needed an 8 pin

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Are you asking if the solid 8 pin goes into the psu? Then yes. The 6+2 end is for the graphics card, adopting either 6 or 8 pin cards.

Some PSUs do supply two 6+2 ends on one cable for cable management but most of the time it's two separate cables. My psu provided such cable so im powering my card with one cable. That is from psu (1x solid 8 pin) to 2x 6+2 ends to the graphics card.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Are you asking if the solid 8 pin goes into the psu? Then yes. The 6+2 end is for the graphics card, adopting either 6 or 8 pin cards.

Some PSUs do supply two 6+2 ends on one cable for cable management but most of the time it's two separate cables. My psu provided such cable so im powering my card with one cable. That is from psu (1x solid 8 pin) to 2x 6+2 ends to the graphics card.
So yours was one cable? Had a total of 16 but it was 6+2 for each, so i can still use two seperate cables?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Should be aware that mixing cables from other psus or even bought separately can lead to very bad things happening. Positive and negative pins aren't always in the same spot and a huge risk of frying components. Always keep to the original cables the psu comes with, including sata etc, any cable providing power.

These are the cables my psu came with, there are multiple but because they're flat, using two separate cables was a mess so i learnt i could use a single cable instead.
s-l300.jpg

Solution

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

s-l300.jpg

Oh okay thats cool, and i just sent the picture so no one got confused lol i have plenty of the vga cords from EVGA