Question Pin not available

alfons9333

Reputable
Apr 13, 2019
Hello!
I disabled my MS Config services and did a restart, when my computer was finished I was met with a screen that my PIN code isn’t available and I can’t log in.
I have searched around the internet for answers and found many, the problem is that my windows tells me my password is incorrect, when I know for a fact it’s correct, I just changed it. Many of the solutions include using Cmd through the advanced options that can be opened by restarting your pc and holding SHIFT. And all of these solutions require me to put my password in, and of course windows tells me it’s wrong. I can’t even factory reset my computer because my password is needed.

do you have my clue on how to fix this! Please help me.

Ralston18

Titan
More information and explanation is needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What was the reason for disabling MS Config Services?

This:

"I can’t even factory reset my computer because my password is needed."

Exactly how are you trying (or attempting) to execute the factory reset?

No way to know from this side if your Windows password is correct or not. No way to even know for sure if the PC in question is really yours.

If it was possible to circumvent password protections via the Cmd / Advanced Options etc. then there would not be any security at all.

Bear in mind that Forum rules prohibit assistance with working around security measures such as passwords and PINS.

alfons9333

Reputable
Apr 13, 2019
hello thank you for such quick reply.

My specifications are
I7-7700k
Gtx 1080 6g
16gb ram
Windows 10

I was hoping it would speed my computer up, I was following a guide.

As I can’t access anything at the start of my computer, I the resort to restarting my computer while holding SHIFT, and it takes me here.

I then proceed to navigate my way through troubleshooting, advanced options, i then have the option to choose different alternatives where I choose system restart, Which is located at the bottom right. My computer then wants to me choose an administrator account which is my main and then wants me to type my password which it time after time tells me it’s wrong.

I know understand that you might not be able to help me as it concerns passwords, in that case who should I turn to? Thank you.

alfons9333

Reputable
Apr 13, 2019
More information and explanation is needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What was the reason for disabling MS Config Services?

This:

"I can’t even factory reset my computer because my password is needed."

Exactly how are you trying (or attempting) to execute the factory reset?

No way to know from this side if your Windows password is correct or not. No way to even know for sure if the PC in question is really yours.

If it was possible to circumvent password protections via the Cmd / Advanced Options etc. then there would not be any security at all.

Bear in mind that Forum rules prohibit assistance with working around security measures such as passwords and PINS.

hello thank you for such quick reply.

My specifications are
I7-7700k
Gtx 1080 6g
16gb ram
Windows 10

I was hoping it would speed my computer up, I was following a guide.

As I can’t access anything at the start of my computer, I the resort to restarting my computer while holding SHIFT, and it takes me here.

I then proceed to navigate my way through troubleshooting, advanced options, i then have the option to choose different alternatives where I choose system restart, Which is located at the bottom right. My computer then wants to me choose an administrator account which is my main and then wants me to type my password which it time after time tells me it’s wrong.

I know understand that you might not be able to help me as it concerns passwords, in that case who should I turn to? Thank you.

I had to delete a lot of links with pictures so I am sorry if my text is hard to read, can you grant me permission so I can post them? It just says that they are classified as spam/inappropriate!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Never tinker with Windows unless you know exactly what you're doing. And that means you know and understand the ins and outs completely, not what a guide says to do or what a friend says to do.

What happens if you boot to fresh Windows install media and try to wipe everything and reinstall?