ping but browser not working

lato

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Hello everybody-

I just build a new pc, windows 8.1 installed on a new HD. I have a netis WF2113 adapter and can not connect with a RJ45 into the router. I'm connected to the wifi, windows says everything works fine, it emits and receives packets but the browser wont work. I can ping google. I have read a lot of posts and i have tried to reset everything in the prompt but it doesnt change anything. In my adapter software it shows a local adress (10.0.0.9) if I try to access a page and click on renew IP adress within the adapter software the IP adress will sometimes turn into a real adress like 192.168... and the page will load but then a couple of seconds after its back to 10.0.0.9 and internet is off again

Thank you os much for your help

lato

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
I dont exactly remember the ip adress but as soon as it switches back to 10.0.0.9 i cant browse. I also tried using google DNS but it's not working

OriginalCadaver

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Try resetting your TCP/IP stack.

Open an admin cmd prompt and type "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt"

reboot your system and see if that fixes things. Remember to run a cmd prompt as admin not just the normal cmd prompt.

lato

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Yes I did all of that, rebooted, rebooted the router it did not change anything. when I go to the router config it shows my computer connected like the other devices. And when i renew the IP on my adapter device sometimes i can access a page and stay online for 5 seconds. Windows doesnt show the connection as limited, it says it access internet. I tried firefox as well. The nvidia software can not update either.