ping do not go below 90

May 20, 2018
Hello,
More than 2 months I have the fiber, and in the first week the pings were stable and after two weeks the pings are raised to 90 and no longer fall.
I tried to request assistance, but they told me it's not their fault but the operating system, I do not know why they told me so.
90 shows me on the speedtest and when I play 155 of ping.
thank you

The ping time is a measurement of the time it takes for a packet sent from your computer to another and back again. When you ping servers on the internet, there are often a lot of routers (20+) involved in getting that packet properly routed. A slow down at one router can increase your ping time. To determine where the issue is, instead ping servers or routers very close to you.

First, from a command prompt run "tracert google.com". The first IP address listed on the trace should be your own router. If that is the only router on your network, then the 2nd IP address should the your ISP's router that services your area.

Next, ping your own router or gateway using "ping -n 50 x.x.x.x" from a command prompt. Ping times should be very low (1ms or less) and there should no lost packets. If not, then you have an issue on your network.

Next, ping your ISP's router. Again, the ping time should be low (20ms ish) and consistent. If not, then your ISP's router is likely overloaded or there is an issue with the link between your house and the ISP. You can contact your ISP and ask them to look into this, but they may consider what they provide as "good enough" under their terms of service.

If both of those tests look good, then it most likely that the issue is a slow router out on the internet or even the server you are pinging (especially a game server during peak times). You are unlikely to find anyone that will help you make this better (unless you know Bill Gates).

So, the ping 192.168.1.1 (your router/modem) looked pretty good with the exception of a couple pings. If someone else was using the network at the time it's kinda normal (not great, but normal). If you are on WiFi this could be a sign of intermittent interference.

Did you also ping xxx.6.161.18 (I intentionally blocked out the first part because this a public IP address)? This is probably the address of your ISP's router that serves your area. I could also be the be your IP address if you have multiple boxes (a router and a modem, for example). You can check by going here : https://mxtoolbox.com/whatismyip/

May 20, 2018

Hey man
I have tried disconnecting all my devices but the ping 80-90.
I have tried that ip adress too
The ping dont change, ive resetted my modem many times i dont think the problem is from the modem

Ty for support me

It sounds like the issue is with the link between you and your ISP. This could be due to issues with the line or it could be an overloaded router. I would start by asking your ISP to run a test on your line. If there is an issue, they should send a technician to fix it. If the router is overloaded your ISP likely knows. The question is are they willing to spend the money to upgrade it.

BTW, going back to your original post and the ISP saying it was an issue with the operating system ... if that was true then you would have a high ping when pinging your router. The fact that you only get a high ping when you ping your ISP's router or something past it is an indication that the issue is not with your computer or local network.

May 20, 2018

When the problem come out
I called them to report th e issue they did a lot of checks and they send a technician to the box of the fiber and he said there wasnt any problem with the line.
If u want i can try to call them again and report the issue