Question Ping goes high few seconds after PC starting/connecting to the internet

Jun 30, 2019
I recently noticed that my PC's ping goes high (around 1000-3000 ping).
When I turn on the PC the ping is fine (30ping) for a few seconds but then it goes high. I have tried restarting the router, changing the ethernet cable and disconnecting everyone from the wifi but nothing fixed the issue. I noticed that when restarting the router my PC's ping is fine but after a few seconds it goes high again same goes when I turn on my PC. I did check the task manager and none of the programs are using above 0 Mbps. One thing to add is that the ping goes high for a few minutes but then for some seconds it gets back to normal.
This problem started spontaneously (At least I think so) so I have no idea what could have caused it.
Hope you can help.

white.a.drew

Respectable
Oct 14, 2017
I recently noticed that my PC's ping goes high (around 1000-3000 ping).
When I turn on the PC the ping is fine (30ping) for a few seconds but then it goes high. I have tried restarting the router, changing the ethernet cable and disconnecting everyone from the wifi but nothing fixed the issue. I noticed that when restarting the router my PC's ping is fine but after a few seconds it goes high again same goes when I turn on my PC. I did check the task manager and none of the programs are using above 0 Mbps. One thing to add is that the ping goes high for a few minutes but then for some seconds it gets back to normal.
This problem started spontaneously (At least I think so) so I have no idea what could have caused it.
Hope you can help.
did you try to change a different Ethernet port not cable but port the port you are using could be dying or, your router in itself could be dying. how long have you had it?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS