[SOLVED] Ping goes up to 200-300 at regular intervals (10 seconds?) for about 1-2 seconds

Jun 20, 2020
So while playing CSGO my ping shoots up to 200-300 about every 10 seconds for a bit. I am playing wireless as i dont have a long enough network cable yet. I dont know too much about this kinda stuff so would appreciate any tips. Thanks

(Yes it works well when using Ethernet cable, and this happens when i play games on my phone over Wifi aswell)

Solution
This could be interference from a neighbor. If it was windows only there is some setting I forget that people change related to the wifi checking for a better signal. I am just not remembering it this morning. Since it affects multiple devices that run different OS it is much more likely a external issue. All you can do is try to use a different radio band or change the wifi channels you are using.
So while playing CSGO my ping shoots up to 200-300 about every 10 seconds for a bit. I am playing wireless as i dont have a long enough network cable yet. I dont know too much about this kinda stuff so would appreciate any tips. Thanks

(Yes it works well when using Ethernet cable, and this happens when i play games on my phone over Wifi aswell)
If it works well when using an ethernet then your problem is quite clear. Wifi gives ping spikes so you're better off on ethernet. Buy a longer ethernet if you have to that's the solution.

This could be interference from a neighbor. If it was windows only there is some setting I forget that people change related to the wifi checking for a better signal. I am just not remembering it this morning. Since it affects multiple devices that run different OS it is much more likely a external issue. All you can do is try to use a different radio band or change the wifi channels you are using.

Solution